The Best Finance Rates & Hacks! Submit your CU recommendations!

Fedchoice worked out fine for me. Pre approved for 1.49% for 72 months about 2 months ago.

Had to use GM financing at 6% to get msrp on bolt. Refinanced after a month with fedchoice using pre approved app.

Had to call after uploading docs to fund the loan

5 Likes

My dealer let FedChoice wire money for my Bolt. Guess I was lucky :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our Mission Statement
Uniquely partnering to make life’s journey easier.

See also:

https://www.parsonsfcu.org/deposit-rates

Hi Rocketr,

Could you describe your loan process with fed choice. I am buying a C8 corvette and want to secure financing outside of GM financial. I read other members on forums saying dealer needed to send bill of sale to fedchoice before they would wire money? Did you also have that experience? Did you disclose to your dealer about outside financing before the day of delivery/purchasing the vehicle? How long did you have to wait for the money to be wired to your dealer?

Thanks you so much for the help,
Richard

It was pretty easy for the Bolt. I told the dealer I was doing my own financing and they sent me the bill of sale. I had to also send Fed Choice the cars sticker. One weird thing Fed Choice wanted was a title application from the dealer showing fed choice as the lien holder. Besides that everything was super easy… some Chevy dealers might give you grief as they make more on giving you financing. I started the process with the dealer after my membership and loan was pre approved. Hope this helps

Just got an 84mo @ 3.24% from a local CU

3 Likes

name?
10 char

Pagoda FCU.

Must live, work or worship in Berks County, PA

Thats a great rate

Ayy, fellow central PA, I’ll check them out (might even use for a personal purchase wink wink nudge nudge).

1 Like

They said they were upping the rates .25% last week but if you make the payment from their savings account, you get a .25% reduction so it’s a wash.

Also, Red rose credit union in Lancaster has 2.99% for 72mo

1 Like

:rofl:

Who We Are
Pagoda Federal Credit Union

Chartered in 1963 the Credit Union is a member-owned, not for profit financial cooperative whose mission is to provide the best possible financial services, maintain stability and growth while staying committed to the philosophy of “Member Helping Member.”

While other financial institutions are focused on profits our goals remain to offer competitive savings and loan rates and above all strive to achieve the highest level of member satisfaction.

They can give as little as they want as long as I get my .25% reduction lol

1 Like

I completely agree. It just bugs me that these institutions have built a lot of their following based on utter marketing nonsense at great cost to the consumer, and my goal is just to educate.

You really do have to cherry pick which products you buy from whom in order to not get screwed.

I really like the credit card products and loyalty program from Bank of America, for example, but I wouldn’t touch their savings account with the shitty end of a stick.

Caveat emptor, even when the other party is “non profit.”

2 Likes

I just realized the CU name is a reference to the Reading Pagoda, whaddya know.

Hypothetically, I worship in Bucks County, I should be eligible.

2 Likes

Hypothetically, everyone does… lol

Hello I am in the process of finalizing the loan with Fed Choice. I signed the loan documents via DocuSign. Now they are asking me to get the dealer send Fed Choice wire instructions. How did you do it?

Just call the dealer and ask for their wire info and you can give the wire info to FedChoice. If they don’t want to give it to you then have the dealer call the loan customer service. You can also have fed choice FedEx a check to the dealer.

1 Like

I got the wire instructions from the dealer and provided that to FedChoice and they did not accept it. They said dealer needs to send it directly to FedChoice. The bank gave me a Fax number and email to give to Dealer so they can send wire details. Fingers crossed

Interesting. I provided the wire instructions to fedchoice and they accepted.

They wired the money Friday or saturday, going to pick the vehicle up friday

Overall took a week to get membership, and once all documents were received they processed within a day or two. Just call them to keep things moving.

1 Like