The $400 per month Mach E deal check pls

I’m not sure. It seems like they already own these vehicles and its a sub lease or long term rental.

Looks like their primary business is managing vehicle fleets as a service for other commercial entities, but I guess they dabble in consumer finance too, and they also offer daily rentals.

They own the cars, so they are providing the financing. You’ve got no protection from Ford or any other commercial bank here. They are basically the definition of middlemen, but their marketing suggests otherwise. :slight_smile:

• NIE aligns your fleet with your organization’s overall measures for success by prioritizing strategic planning throughout the entire vehicle lifecycle — offering transportation as a service rather than a transaction.
  • We can provide virtually any make/model without you ever stepping foot on a dealership.
  • Since we provide both financing and the vehicles, you avoid paying middlemen.

https://www.niefmc.com

1 Like

Its definitely an odd situation. I am interested but not sure the reward is worth the risk.

Yeah, they’re writing off losses like any bank. Whatever they’re doing is probably borderline illegal. It seems associated with a shady dealership. So they’re able to mark the vehicle as sold, so getting bonuses from Ford for moving a bunch of unsold 2022s. Then the bank is writing off the losses. No different than what MBF is doing with all the cheap jellybean leases.

But for the end-user, this is not a bad deal on a Mach-E if that’s what you’re looking for. It’s pretty much $400/mo effective. I would get this if my wife let me, but my wife doesn’t let me do a lot of things.

1 Like

I see this as very risky. You better be willing to take this to term to avoid possible huge termination fees. It is almost like they are daring you to lease this and hope you turn it in early so they can get it off their books with someone else holding the bag for the losses. Maybe this works for companies the lease large fleets for their employees, but as a single lessee I would be very nervous about this.

I haven’t seen the contract, so I have no idea. But looking at the price of their other leases (over $1k/mo for a Q5), I don’t think that’s how they make their money.

I do think that it could be a bait and switch. They already quoted someone $800/mo for a GT. They have a few basic black on black, but they give you the run around and bunch of sleazy sales tactics until you agree on a $650/mo vehicle.

You should be prepared to take any lease to term even if at signing there are other options. Value and rules change as we’ve seen over time.

1 Like

Here is everything I got. Anyone want to take a second look? Am i missing anything? @dukez
She does have $0 in the early termination section and the outline of on *13

All Four - Mach-E $400 Promotion Law200 Template (dragged).pdf (51.8 KB)
All Four - Mach-E $400 Promotion Law200 Template (dragged) 2.pdf (66.9 KB)
All Four - Mach-E $400 Promotion Law200 Template (dragged) 3.pdf (53.4 KB)

2022 MachE_windowSticker.pdf (1.2 MB)

It’s 36 month lease. There is no early termination fee, but you owe the balance of what is owed and the lease end value assigned to the car. On page 3.

Edit: it’s a closed end lease to full term of 36 months, but it sounds like if you terminate early, you may have to pay the difference between what’s owed and the true value of the car determined by an appraiser

This is the email i got…

On Mar 21, 2024, at 2:15 PM, Madison Moretz madison.moretz@pritchards.com wrote:
It is a 36-month lease. The only early termination fees are within the first 3-months. However, if you need to pay the transportation cost to get the vehicle back to 50428 before the end of three years you could consider that as a cancellation fee if it applies to your situation. There is no paying the difference between what is owed and the true value of the car

That looks to be in direct conflict with the lease terms

3 Likes

they def need to rework that contract

Im sure the contract says exactly what they intend it to say.

3 Likes

Be very careful. The contract is pretty clear (to me) that you’d owe a ton of money if you returned it early. I’m not sure it’s worth the risk. $400/mo on an EV isn’t crazy enough to take on that kind of risk. Not when there are several other EVs you can get for that price right now.

The only benefit of this 2022 Mach-E deal when we first looked at it was the ability to do an early return unpenalized. However, given what we’re seeing in the fine print, that advantage is dead. Not only dead, but the total opposite if they were to honor (edit:) enforce what’s in the agreement.

3 Likes

Thanks for the lookout!

So just posting this for reference. This is a broker in CA. $1500 DAS and $429/mo plus tax for 39/10.5 but a $50k msrp, also a 23 model. Probably quite a bit nicer than the base model. Maybe this is just the start of some good deals on Mach-Es. We know they’re just collecting dust on dealer lots if they have brand new 2022s sitting around.

Generally, with contract language like this, “unpaid lease payments” refers to a payment that has become due, but hasn’t been paid. Future payments are captured as part of the adjusted lease balance.

2 Likes

Good call out; I edited previous post (though the overall story remains unchanged)

Agreed. The adjusted lease balance vs market value is the part that really hurts here.