Testing the waters:2020 Ford Explorer XLT-$469+tax/month for 30 months, $3,333 down

, , ,

Just testing the waters here. We absolutely love this car. We’re evaluating swapping this out for an electric car or hybrid if the stars align. Hoping to transfer this while recouping at least part of our initial trade in/money down.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT

MSRP: $47,215
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $468.76 ($498.06 w/MA tax)
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): -

Current mileage: 5,750
Maturity mileage: 31,531
Effective miles per month: 859
Maturity date: 8/8/2023

MSD due (if any): n/a
Cash due (if any): $3,333 ($4k/36=111.11x30=$3,333)
Incentive for new lessee (if any): None

Financial institution: Ford Motor Credit Institution
Transfer fee: $75
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: This model has leatherette seats, apple car play & android auto. Equipment group 202A (remote start & 8 way passenger seat), Twin panel moon roof, co-pilot 360 assist+ (amazing for road trips), & comfort package (heated steering wheel, windshield wiper de-icer, heated 1st AND 2nd row seats). Aftermarket items: all weather floor liners, seat covers for the 2nd row captains seats, front windows are tinted 35% (I can remove if you don’t want this), I also covered the blue ovals with black vinyl stickers (I can also remove these).

Photos:

1. Take tax off your monthly in the title. Write $468+tax, since that will vary by leasee’s state.
  2. Am I reading this right? You are looking for someone to pay $580+tax/mo for an Explorer?? Even without that down payment, this will be a hard sell, especially here on LH.
2 Likes

Tricky one

In MA, Ford bakes excise tax into the monthly

I suppose so, but I understand that that person may end up being me (which I’m fine with). I’ll be the first to admit that the hacking on this deal isn’t up to leasehackr standards.

I’d remove that bit. I can see how you thought that would be funny. However online, in the absence of body language or any prior knowledge of your sense of humor, that would probably come across as acting like a bit of a d___

1 Like

Understood. Thanks

good god. Seeing the contract now. Wow. So you got less than $400 dealer discount. Yikes.

Yes. We loved the car and the dealer knew it. Didn’t play our cards right on this deal.

3 Likes

Still trying to unload this Explorer?