Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Lots of Dodge Hemi Shaker owners that believe they own “performance” cars too.

I remember when ICE cars were quick.

1 Like

With instant torque, that 0-60 number changing doesn’t really change much for me. The added range/efficiency is more welcomed in the base model considering it is still under 300 miles per charge.

I saw a few demo’s being offloaded and I expect some more in the next coming weeks. Keep an eye out on the drops - a 2022 might drop any second now. As of now, the most recent factory gate date of an existing inventory was October 29th. (VIN/DocId: 5YJ3224_83e9c57519ae7cb38d049c390f7e45a5)

1 Like

Any advantage in picking up a demo unit? Do they discount them at all?
I see a LR demo in my area available.

1 Like

They are discounted, but in many cases, not heavily.

If you’re referring to the one in Portland with 1,243 miles, they’re only giving $280 off. Unless it’s 2k+ I’d rather have a new car.

2 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better ^

2 Likes

I picked up a Model 3 LR demo from the in-inventory list with 2000 miles for 1% off MSRP.

I also picked up a Model 3 SR+ from the in-inventory list with 4 miles on it (no discount).

The only difference I could find between the two units is the SR+ still smelled like new.

The way I look at it, a discount is a discount… No reason to pass it up.

1 Like

I get the sentiment, but for me, being a bit more OCD, I’d rather not have a car with potential scratches and scuffs and maybe other little things for such a small discount. I value the condition of a new car by at least 2% on a Tesla, anything less than that would be a no go for me.

This is a far cry from the demo discounts of old.

2 Likes

For most buyers I guess it’s the immediacy versus the savings. Like if there aren’t many LR or P models in inventory then they’ll just take what they can get.

2 Likes

Sorry if this has been answered already. Are the S models posted as frequently as the model 3s on the discord chat?

I live in the land of Tesla, The westside of Los Angeles.

By and large, Tesla has replaced Prius and the drivers go about as slow.

I’d say one out of twenty drive it like a sports car.

The rest like a golf cart.

There is nowhere to go 0-60, except an occasional empty freeway on ramp or empty stretch of sepulveda.

2 Likes

Haven’t been on as much lately but no Model S seem to be posted least frequently.

Yeah, wasn’t shitty traffic always a Los Angeles thing with the exception of the two weeks to slow the spread?

1 Like

Had the first MS drop this quarter today. Plaid though.

1 Like

So is it confirmed that selling model 3/Y to third party dealers off lease is dead?

Seems to be

Do we know if the 2022 SR+ LFP has the same capacity as the 2021 SR+ NCA/LFP? Maybe they have increased the number of cells to make up for the weight of the battery?

Thank you my friend!

We’re people really flipping teslas like that?

Yes and yes. Wherever there is money to be made…