Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

I think this is for purchases, they will buy the car from you

Is the tax credit apply to the model 3 lease? Seems numbers are good this month

For the 2024? Looks like the Tesla calc factors the credit. If you are looking at exisiting inventory only 2023 LR and performance still gets it.

Been looking to offload my 2023 model 3 I got in Dec for a Y and Tesla is back at it with free SC for 10k miles within 2 years. Cybertruck excluded.

1 Like

Watching the Hertz lane at Manheim today. They aren’t take any offers that aren’t well over MMR. Everything is going no sale, especially if MMR is under $25K.

No sale example, bidding at $700 over MMR.

2 Likes

So hertz is just paying Manheim the fee to run each of these through and they set a stupid reserve?

Maybe they think Tesla will raise pricing today :eyes:

What’s the mileage on these?

I believe the one he posted says “ODO 64478”…meaning someone should run from this vehicle.

1 Like

My current rental Y has 73K :joy:

Oh ok I see it now. That’s a lot of rental miles

Mileage can range from a low of around 16K to over 100K. I am targeting those under 50K miles, so they still have some warranty remaining. The one example “no sale” I shared was 64K miles, but you can see the odo values in the “no sale” list as well.

Here is an example of one I am targeting with a reasonable bid floor. This will qualify for the $4000 EV used rebate and ou can extend the warranty via Telsa for $1800 for an additional 2 years coverage.

1 Like

Shouldn’t auction prices be less than what is already on used lots? There are loads of Model 3’s well under $25k.

1 Like

If you are seeing “loads” of clean titled 22 M3LRs with under 50k miles for under $25k, please do share your sources.

4 Likes

Is that POS? How do they verify income?

Assuming you’ll buy it from a dealer who’s willing to do the IRS paperwork.

Yes, it can be applied at POS. The trick is to escrow the sale through a certified dealer like drivecaramel. See EV Tax Credit – Caramel (drivecaramel.com)

I am pretty sure it’s the honor system to verify income but there is some check and balance when you do your taxes at the end of the year. In any case, no different then claiming the used rebate anywhere else.

Has anyone posted the current Model 3 RWD standard lease factors - MF, residual and how they apply the 7,500 lease credit - is it a cap cost reduction or possibly “distributed over the lease term” as suggested in their disclosures? I know you can’t buyout the lease - but does Tesla offer to end the lease based on current FMV - in the event you want to move to a newer Tesla before the end of the current lease? Has anyone done that? I generally lease cars - but the way Tesla structures leases is new to me.

So then it’s a pure rental.

Deciphering the RV, MF and rebate is about as meaningful as finding the same for a Hertz rental.

And Tesla seldom offers FMV for their trades.

Historically, yes, Tesla will allow an early lease termination if you either pay off the remaining lease payments or pay the difference between the current balance and market value. Another out to consider is a lease transfer, which usually move with a small incentive. Often this small transfer incentive is less than the difference in value.

Hi there to all, I’m looking to purchase a Tesla model 3, I wanted to know would I get all the tax credits and what are they?

Thank you - that is very helpful. The reason I was hoping to understand how they apply the tax credit on a lease is - if the $7,500 is applied to capitalized value - the cap costs subject to rent over the lease terms would start around $32K and would likely be in the high 20s mid-way through a 36 month lease - making it more likely the car would not be significantly under market value - making it potentially easier to upgrade to a new Tesla mid-lease. If they apply the $7,500 ratably over the lease - the capitalized value would start around $40K - seeming to me that you would more likely be underwater mid lease. Hopefully, that is logical. Of course you are at their mercy on what constitutes market value and it could possibly make a difference if you are purchasing another one.