Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

And monkeys might fly out of my butt by then.

4 Likes

Elon announced it during earnings call today.

https://electrek.co/2023/04/19/elon-musk-announces-tesla-cybertruck-delivery-event/

I was doubting Elon, not you.

2 Likes

You asked for it @IAC @chaoz90. It’s here. Free charging for X and S for 3 years. Just saw this on Tesla.com. Started today through 6/30.

6 Likes

Well that was fast, thanks for posting. !!!

I read an article that says 10,000 miles is worth roughly around $500. Of course that number varies by market, but for someone like me who drives a little more than that each year, the incentive would be worth closer to $2,000. I hope they keep slashing prices. I think there’s still another $5k they can shave off the MX.

Edit: Yeah, they raised prices by $2,500 before offering the supercharging lol. Hate these gimmicky shenanigans companies run.

3 Likes

it looks like they just raised the price, the other day a basic S was 84k
now i don’t see anything under 87

1 Like

https://twitter.com/sawyermerritt/status/1649262092745072643?s=46&t=zHv4o8tL_Em2cxqtD9lUYA

1 Like

Oh that’s just dirty,

1 Like

Why these retards increase the price by 2500 :clown_face::clown_face:

It’s not free but I do support at least making it a paid option. I’d pay $69/mo ($2,500/36) for unmetered supercharging any day ending in Y.

2 Likes

gotta pay for that rocket that blew up somehow

6 Likes

Unlimited free charging is pretty nuts though- imagine people doin rideshare or something

Imagine their depreciation

Lot of risk in that for Tesla right especially tied to a 3 year term. Electricity prices could change quite significantly in a couple years and thus their liability? Would think some kind of year to year thing would be safer for them

They may have contracts with utility providers?

4 Likes

It’s interesting— a large part of it could be a move against oil and our dependency on other countries for it.
Though our current electric production from renewables isn’t enough—- our country and businesses won’t spend money on infrastructure until there’s extreme demand and problems arising. It’s a bit weird- but I think they’re scaling the demand to overcapacity first- like wayyyyyy overcapacity before spending any money on infrastructure where they can order items such as solar panels in mass bulk for low cost. It’s business and and business psych for this process.

In a $95K base price car?

For Uber- sure- I’ve seen it. Surprisingly I say in a supped up caddy brand new on a basic Uber. Easy over 6 figure car gas guzzler. Older gentleman just does Uber to chat — and good company

1 Like

If you can afford a model s/x, you probably don’t need to Uber. Not a problem Tesla needs to be concerned with.

1 Like