Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Agreed on all counts. The RWD is def quicker than expected (especially from a roll). Down low one can feel the power being restricted a bit (on purpose? Or as a function of the motor/gearing?) so in some ways the car feels like a “revvy” ICE.

From everything I’ve read (as I haven’t driven the previous years), Tesla has improved the ride quality notably. I find the M3 to be comfortably sporty. It seems to be a fitting balance between luxury and sport for this type of car.

Initially I was bummed that there was no carplay……but after a day with the infotainment, I forgot all about it.

2 Likes

The main wildcard is that there will be A LOT more competition in 3 years time.

Its hard to imagine people will still be willing to pay 60kish for a new Model Y. How that reflects the used market who knows…

1 Like

Picked up mine last evening as well. And I can relate to you what you say.

Was expecting it to push you back when stepping a bit on the pedal owing to torquey electric motor but this was a bit more than expected of 0-60 5.8s car. Have not tried in corners yet.

Pick up experience was a bummer though. Its either tiredness from the recent mad rush or a bit of arrogance. I will assume the first and move on.

Dropping off my Giulia to Carvana ‘vending machine’ this evening. They are charging $100 for the pick up option and no appointments available any time soon. Thought pick up was free but would rather drop off, pick up the check and deposit right there and then, before they go bankrupt.

2 Likes

This!

I did not go finance route because

1. Interest rates are high (eats into $7500 tax credit)

2. I personally feel the current high valuation for used Teslas will not hold 3 years down the road. That’s what my own personal crystal ball told me LOL. I could of course be wrong but I don’t think I will lose much (if at all) by leasing. We will see.

3. If I financed, I would still not keep it for too long so lease it was for me.

1 Like

All of these were my considerations when deciding to lease as well.

2 Likes

From like a 20 or 30 mph roll, punching this thing surprised me big time based on the moderate amount of power this thing is supposedly making.

1 Like

Poseur alert
the deep amber alert GIF by The Deep (Series)

Despite me being a phony baloney by doing this, it does look pretty good and was a fun simple project.

7 Likes

I am not sure I would recommend that jack stand technique, but results look good.

I was waiting for that comment :slight_smile:

That was only the secondary support….no weight on it.

1 Like

I can’t tell if they are reporting old news here or what…

But internationally, it seems another round of increase maybe coming.

It’s called “variable blessings”.

2 Likes

Picked up a MY7 last week.

The front and rear bumper has a horrible paint job.

It’s like someone has put a sticker to make it look pearl white.

Isn’t that the overlay to protect the paint?

1 Like

If you are referring to PPF (paint protection film), no I’ve not done anything like that.

Also it’s only on the bumpers

I’m more familiar with the model 3, and along the side rocker panels there is something similar. I wouldn’t call it PPF (because it is much much thicker and it comes that way from the factory).

I thought the model Y had more of this, and that it may have had some near the rear hatch to protect the paint from getting damaged.

Updates on delivery and service experience.

I found a few ‘issues’ when picking up. Some stains on rocker panel on passengers side, bad scratches on the back of passenger seat, curb rash on one of the wheels and badly scratched trunk sill panel. The service adviser rolled eyes when I informed her of these (this was a demo vehicle) and said they can’t do anything about this at that time and asked that I open a service request within 3 days and they will take care of it. Apprehensive but moved on as I did not see any other choice.

I opened a ticket next day, scheduled it for next week, took the car in and they fixed them all in 2 hours. No cost to me. They detailed rocker panel, replaced back of the seat, replaced the trunk sill and replaced the wheel.

Not bad. Apart from the extra demo miles, car is basically new.

3 Likes

How do you get a demo or pre-owned Tesla?

They show up in inventory. If you go to custom build page, check where it says estimated delivery timelines on the right side, there should be a link to see available inventory. They will show you available stock within 200 miles of your zip. If they have demos available for sale, they will be listed.

It changes pretty frequently so you should keep checking.

1 Like

Thanks.
What seems to be the issue with the car having less than 50 miles and still discounted?

Wow! That’s a hefty discount. I don’t think anything’s wrong with them. Just the fact that they are labeled demo. I am seeing the same in my area.

2 Likes