Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

interesting, not sure when exactly it happened but looks like the lower range model Y got dropped to $50,990

You should still buy an iX from us. :grin:

Do you mind sharing which dealer? I am in the process of getting offers and would be happy with something close to this

Do you calculate the monthly payments you already made to ccap part of breakeven or underwater.

Pm me if you’re in MN otherwise would be pointless

I’m def super underwater if counting the payments I made on the lease. I made 10 of them and was 1200 short with that offer lol.

You’re supposed to be underwater on your lease for the entire term…

The last 18-24 months has fried everyone’s brains into thinking that cars are appreciating, or even non-depreciating, assets. They aren’t.

I’ve leased nearly 20 cars in my life…I think I had positive equity in one of them, and that’s because the selling price was $35K for a $55K car (last year of E series, circa 2009?)

I have found, however, that on those occasions I bought out the lease, that a couple years later my cost for that period was minimal…leasees absorb the majority of depreciation.

7 Likes

Yeah well tell that to all the sellers who have their mass produced vehicles listed as “investments”!

/s

I’m looking everywhere and still can’t determine if the model y will be eligible for a tax rebate based on the cost? The MSRP is under 55K but with all the fees it’s over 55K (slightly) w/o any upgrades. The tesla site says it is but it’s merely a link to describe who potentially is qualified for the 7500 rebate. Thanks!

I think MY LR is qualified but MYP is not

The destination fee does not count towards the 55K maximum.

Looks like the AFG balloon loan calculators still have the older MSRPs in their system leaving a pretty significant MRM to purchase price gap. If you are in a low sales tax state might be worth to take a look.

Yea iX over MY any day, not counting price. We can only hope for the old BMW lease incentives.

1 Like

Is this a CA hack!? :sunglasses: :+1:

This is enticing so M3P or MYLR? They are the same price at $54,990 before destination charges.

Which one would you pick and why?

1 Like

i’m honestly a little surprised at all the renewed interest even with the price drop. given the way the resale values tanked on these, on top of the build quality issues, it still seems like a losing proposition.

1 Like

Price drop plus potential federal tax rebate and state incentives = around 20k saved. Basic rule of economics: price goes down, demand goes up.

2 Likes

Yes, but you can only claim it once in a lifetime for EV and once for a FCEV (Mirai, Nexo etc. Hydrogen cars)

The M3P is a very quick car-want speed/fast get that, a bit of a harsher bump ride but very stable and responsive (drove a Hertz M3P rental) If you are under 6’ tall pick the M3P otherwise get the MYLR… I had a M3 and getting in and out was a bit of an awkward positioning, seating is fine it’s just the getting in and out of the M3 that was not too comfortable. I am 6’2 and the MY is much better for taller people. Also, consider the range MY-330 vs M3P-315 miles (expect about 15% loss from advertised) not a huge difference but it’s there. Lastly, more space in the trunk and overall volume, some will say "oh, it’s not that much bigger MY than M3 but trust me, it is.

2 Likes

Short term pop. Long term interest in Tesla still dead as the products are stagnant and Elon has alienated anyone on the fence. Live by cult ceo, die by cult ceo.

Tesla wouldn’t cut prices if they didn’t have to. It’s very interesting how Tesla fanatics perceive this as good for the business however. So it would be a bad thing for business if they raised prices? Elon can do no wrong.

1 Like

As someone who’s in the business, it’s simply genius.

They’re encouraging market deflation and waging war against other BEV manufacturers at a crucial point in time.

3 Likes