Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Watched about 30 Tesla auctions on Friday. Every Model 3 and Model Y sold for at or over MMR. My top 3:

However, pre-refresh Model S and, in particular, Model X, selling WAY below MMR right now. Would hate to be holding one of these.

4 Likes

Great info! Been watching 2021-2023 MS private ads on FB and some high 80 to low 90s asking but trade in offers are coming in the low 70s from my own research.

A post was split to a new topic: Solicitation Landfill

Very interested to see data on the pre-refresh S/X. I would be interested in picking one of those up when the price drops below a Bolt price

Your not far off but you gotta go way back.

Seems to be on the way down, and those are Performance 85s too! As 3/Y used comes down, the older S/X was definitely fall further. Especially when people find pre-2015 battery and motor failure rates and the price to fix them out of warranty. Your graphs are better than the ones I have made from car guru data.

Yea great to see the Model S pricing come down. I was looking at post-facelift (2016.5+) 90D/100D’s (non-Performance) and even high mileage cars were listed for $50k+ a few months ago.

My mate got a 2015 P85D with ludicrous and it has been nothing but issues. Electrical is the main thing, windows not working. Lights not working. Car shuts down etc. He has it in a reasonable state now after being in and out of the shop for months but he must have spent $5k plus in the last year on it.

I am looking at a 2015 P90D that an owner just wants to get rid of because it has been in the shop for so long. Tesla just does not make parts for it anymore.
I think the only way forward with the older Model S’s will be people that are willing to work on them themselves (like me) to keep them on the road. But 5K is nothing. The 2016 and earlier model S engines always (not if but when) have the “milling” sound failure (bearing goes out) - 7.5K to fix, and eventually, the battery will fail for a 9-22K fix.

Oh wow. Maybe I don’t want a used model s lol.

I embrace it. New ones don’t have free supercharging.

Tesla now offering a $3750 discount on any new Model 3 or Model Y delivered prior to end of the year.

Get ready for the secondary markets to drop even further.

13 Likes

Where do I see this?

1 Like

5 Likes

I guess we know how much credit they expect to receive in 2023.

1 Like

This!!!
To wait or to go for it?

Wait :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:

6 Likes

diScOunTs LoAdiNG

1 Like

Won’t be shocked if Tesla adds another sweetener or 2 before the year’s out (free supercharging, extended free trial of EAP/FSD, etc)

1 Like

They really don’t need to, I think this is just a stave off the order delays by folks looking to cash in on a tax credit.

It’s possible you might see limited free supercharging (1yr, maybe 2) on model S though since that seems to be moving slower than the X.

1 Like