Tesla Model 3 News

If you think you’re getting a Model 3 early next year, you’re likely to be sadly disappointed. As far as I can tell, mass production has not actually started yet. I’m not seeing loads of cars passing on the freeway (I work in Fremont). I haven’t even seen a single Model 3 in real life, and I saw Model X’s in the early days of their production.

I guess I’m lucky that I got to see one in real life AND drive it! It sure didn’t disappoint. You should head over to the factory and check em out! Still holding out hope for March at the latest but I was standing in line day one.

The other thing Tesla does is not honor the lines. They honor the highest margins only. I could have had a Model X months before people a lot of people who had deposits in from the start. Why? I was looking at a top spec model.

I had an overnight test drive. Even in the Bay Area, it was like being a rock star when those falcon doors opened. The car was put together like crap, though, and the interior was cheap, so I passed.

That’s fine. I’m a day one line waiter in California willing to get the highest cost model 3. I should be right behind employees and current tesla owners.

Ya. The Falcon wing doors are interesting but I’m not a huge fan of the model X. The model 3 looked like it was put together really well and the interior looked a lot better than my BMW.

Sounds like you’ll get your car earlier than most. I haven’t seen the Model 3 in person, but it looks IKEA sparse to me from photos. I dislike the touch screen interface and location. The overhead windshield is also a problem. I could go on. I look forward to the mass of EVs entering the market over the next few years. I’ll be getting my last gas-engined car in the next year or so, a last high-performance, hydrocarbon hurrah.

Definitely recommend reserving judgement until seeing and driving one in person. To me it feels super premium. Minimalistic but not cheap at all. The touchscreen is perfectly placed and I didn’t feel like I missed any of the physical buttons, knobs or switches. The all glass roof is so beautiful! Not sure what your concern with it is, but it’s perfectly tinted so even on a very sunny day it feels perfect.

I think I’ll reserve judgment until the car is actually in production. :slight_smile:

The overhead windshield means the sun being on me much more than I like. If I ever buy a Tesla, I’ll black out a significant portion of the windshield.

The car’s in production obviously. People are driving them, just not many yet. I’m not sure how faster production will help you judge the car.

Like i said, the all glass roof doesn’t feel too hot even in extremely hot southern California weather. They tinted it just right. Again to each their own, but someone could always go with the non premium package if they don’t want it for some crazy reason.

“We”? Not really. This will affect people in CA and NY. And since I live in neither, I’m not all that worried. In fact I’m happy that I will no longer subsidize you. Outside of NY/CA, very few people have mortgages over $500K. And if you guys want to pay lower income tax, stop voting for people who create 10% state income tax brackets.

1 Like

We = people with mortgages, not with EV. And please, stop telling others who to vote for just because your mortgage is under 500k. It’s a bigger issue than the size of mortgage. BTW, you are misinformed if you think it’s only NY and CA problem.
P.S. are you sure that mortgage interest deduction will only be removed for mortgages 500k and higher, and not from all?

Proposal is to cap the mortgage interest deduction at $500K. Any interest you pay on a mortgage amount over $500K would no longer be deductible. See-

Note that there is currently a cap on the deduction and any interest on amounts over $1 million are no longer deductible.

Okay, I see. So “we” doesn’t include boomba, but still - not just about NY & CA.

You’re repeating lies. Wealthy blue states subsidize red states overall, and by a significant amount. The tax change is just increasing the rip off of red states sucking off the blue state teat. California pays more than it gets, as does New York.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/#main-findings

1 Like

Guys please lets keep politics out.

2 Likes

Class action lawsuit filed against Tesla by employees.

Interesting. That’s awful if it turns out to be true. This may just be the skeptic in me, but there was a whole bunch of talk about how Tesla was trying to lay the smackdown on employees from the original factory workforce (pre-tesla) that were trying to unionize. It’s very possible that the union bosses are finding every avenue possible to attack Tesla as a result. Again, I have nothing to base that on, but if I believed in conspiracies, this would make me pull out my tinfoil hat! :wink: