Tesla Model 3 News

Tesla Faces Labor Discord as It Ramps Up Model 3 Production

Capitalist bourgeoisie mercilessly exploits proletariat - film at 11:00

that’s not good.

Well, this doesn’t look so good…

“The automaker said Wednesday in its third quarter earnings report that Model 3 production has been slowed by progress at its Gigafactory, now saying it will reach its goal of producing 5,000 of the vehicles per week by early 2018, rather than the end of 2017.” – The Verge

That actually sounds like great news to me if they can actually hit 5,000/week by early 2018. This is not nearly as bad as the “sky is falling” types of forecasts that we were hearing a few weeks ago. There was talk that they wouldn’t be able to hit those kinds of numbers until end of 2018 which would’ve been horrible. A few months delay isn’t going to make or break the release. I’m willing to wait a few more months for this awesome car!

But it would be insane/stupid if Elon is telling us it’s delayed until the end of 2018 in Nov. 2017.

Given Tesla’s record, it should be translated as ‘In the most optimistic scenario, we can hit the 5k/week benchmark somewhere between Mar. - May (early 2018 range), if we are lucky enough. Otherwise, expect 5k/week by late/end of 2018.’

1 Like

You may be right, but I’m still willing to wait. So far this is nothing like the Model 3 out there. I’m still hoping that BMW releases an electric 3-series, but even then it won’t have enhanced autopilot and many of the other great features of the Model 3. If I didn’t have an extra car sitting around for when my lease ends in December, I may panic into getting something else, but for now after having driven a Model 3, I’m confident that the wait is very much worth it!

For those wondering (and not just trolling), the official Model 3 estimates for reservations holders were only pushed out a month. My new delivery estimate is Jan '18-Mar '18. Who knows if they’ll meet that new estimate (I’m skeptical), but if they really are only a month behind schedule that’s actually really good.

Mine changed from Jan. - Mar. 2017 (Standard Battery) to Early 2018. Kind of feel like those friends of yours who are half an hour late, but tell you they are 15mins late first, and then another 15mins late later :wink:

my reservation was pushed back a month for the long range/high performance option. Mid 2018 for the standard

If the $7.5k Federal tax credit for EVs are indeed eliminated as suggested in the proposed tax bill, then I suspect that your delivery date would be sooner than before as many drop out of a Model 3 purchase.

Typo on the 17?

And the drum rolls…

If you believe the dates for that reservation, then you are gullible. Obviously someobody went in and wrote an update to move everything out by one month. This system is not linked in real time to any kind of production system. Tesla has already disappointed twice - once for the September numbers (missed by a lot 250 vs 1500) and now (pushed back by 2 quarters).
Of course, the car will eventually be built, it’s just not in the next few months or even mid 2018 in any considerable defect free numbers (welcome to production hell :))

And then they show up drunk, throw up in your house and tell you their keys are missing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed. It’s Jan - Mar. 2018

Everyone knew the production schedule was optimistic. I’ve said it from the beginning that I hope they meet the schedule and if they don’t I won’t be surprised. The model x delay was way worse. Either way the current delay of one month doesn’t mean the sky is falling. I expect as much as 3 months of delay. I’ll be thrilled if I get my model 3 by March. If I don’t, still worth the wait. I’ll keep my reservation until something better comes about which I don’t anticipate until at least 2019/2020.

The tax credit isn’t going anywhere. The army of lobbyists in DC will make sure of it.

What lobbiests? It’s not like EV lobby has the same power as oil lobby. Same way we gonna lose our mortgage and orher deductions.

I guarantee if the Dems need something to walk away from it will be solar and EV credits. If EV credits go away you would have to be severely mentally deficient to purchase a Tesla.

The only card Tesla has to play is the 100% assembled in the US.

I wonder what’s going to happen first, ng0 gets his car, or this Chinese factory will be complete.

What may happen is that Tesla moves to China, because China understands importance of EV better than our current administration. And they invest tons of money into it.