Tesla Model 3 Leasing To Begin . . . maybe

I’d have to get the partial premium upgrade. Manual seats in 2019 is a hard sale.

Edit: Feel bad for the folks that just bought one since the last price drop

They’ll have a Landau-Top version with white-wall tires as a time-limited option. Just think how jealous the neighbors will be when you drive up in this !

I personally prefer the cloth seats, have them on my ND Miata and they breathe so much better than leather (no sweaty back!). I wish the standard (read cloth) interior was available with the longer range options but hey you can’t always get what you want :slight_smile:

On a side note, people on Tesla forums report that there are some deals to be had with the inventory cars. Apparently there are some minor price discounts off MSRP if the car is an aged unit and/or has some miles on it and they offer free upgrades (larger wheels, metallic paint) if you buy an inventory car…

Seriously tempted to order one for my father to replace his i3.

$36,200 (after destination) plus tax and reg = $40,000
Minus $3,750 tax credit, $2,500 CVRP, and $1,000 SCE = $32,750

Value after six years = $15,000
Depreciation = $17,750 or $246/month

Talk me out of it guys! Or not!

1 Like

I’d say that’s an optimistic assumption…40+% after six years

Before someone compares this to any rarer car, these are mass produced and Tesla will churn out thousands per week as long as they can

The $2000 one up model seems like really good value for $2k

True. I’m just basing it off what a six year old 3-series or Prius goes for private party. Also, my father drives like 7,000 miles per year.

You Also have to account for maintenance. Reports of cracking glass are abound

I do think there can be a case made for a purchase. Just wait until gas prices go up.

1 Like

Holy price batman - I may need to sell my house to put in a deposit lol …

With battery tech getting better and more competition on the horizon.

see today they announced you can only buy online, Lucky though you can try it for a week or 1k miles to return it…So if they deliver you one with shit paint and body panels that don’t line up you can give it back

To make up for the new online-only purchase policy Tesla is also making it easier for people to return their cars. Buyers will have 7 days or 1,000 miles during which they can return the car for a refund.

7 day tesla rental!!!

1 Like