[FOR MOST STATES] 2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD - 36mo 10k mi $5600 DAS $399mo

Looks like 5 days ago Tesla dropped their model 3 lease to $399. That way they can off set the allotted purchase vs buy (pretty smart IMO) they’re probably able to play with the numbers like this because leases go through them- Finance is through Wells Fargo. Drawback is they’re not allowing any Tesla lease to be purchased at lease end. And you won’t qualify for the $7,500 fed incentive. Also note long range is available later 2023 and is greyed out right now. Also adding FSD ($15k) increases your payments only $173pm

5 Likes

Also worth noting 15,000 miles increases by $48pm

1 Like

It’s not, though. That requires $4,500 down plus taxes and fees.

19 Likes

If you read the fine print, it’s only 341/mo after potential gas savings :rofl:

I still don’t know how they can get away with marketing fuel savings into the monthly payment, which has absolutely 0 to do with financing

24 Likes

“The more you drive, the more you save!”

9 Likes

The same way they get away with marketing FSD, probably…

1 Like

Effective payment $549 pre-tax on MSRP of $45,630.

4 Likes

That’s actually not bad compared to a EV6 or I5

4 Likes

Every lease can be a $399 lease with the right amount das.

25 Likes

But the DAS is pretty relative at this point.
Most cars even on LH right now in the $40k range are in the $4xx with $2-3.5k DAS

2 Likes

Its a marketing gimmick to attract the young, overzealous climate activists

1 Like

The ones who haven’t received the latest outrage software update?

1 Like

Shouldn’t cost of gas / charging an EV be part of any TCO calculation when switching vehicles? I went from a 30mpg diesel BMW to a 22mpg gas F150 and was able to save a good bit a month on fuel charges due to diesel being crazy expensive. Same thing applies to going from gas to electric.

1 Like

You aren’t making any money from the sale, so why not put the real monthly?
Car salesmen make money by making a sale ‘attractive’ and $539/month with $0 down is not as attractive as $399 /month…w 4500 down.

1 Like

Depends if you have cash in the bank or not. Which, as of December, apparently Americans are near an all-time low of cash in savings.

3 Likes

I’m working on a deal to lease a Lambo Urus at $399/mo…DAS is only 180k but still trying to wiggle it down to 179k.

19 Likes

Relative or not, it’s still not a $399/mo lease

7 Likes

Sure, but it should be calculated based on your actual costs, not presented from the manufacturer based on some cherry picked scenario to maximize the perceived value.

4 Likes

Strongest economy of all time though right? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, but the way Tesla markets it is incorrect.

Your car payment is still 399/mo whether you save 50 or 500/mo in gas. Your car payment doesn’t magically go down 50 bucks because you’re not buying gas. You still owe Tesla 399/mo at the end of the day, not the magic 341 “potential after gas savings” bull.

Edit: Looks like @mllcb42 beat me to the punch, saying effectively the same thing.

4 Likes