UPDATED: Tesla Lease 913/month on 108k msrp (zero CCR)

Real numbers, put down a deposit yesterday. Im not sure about the fed rebate but believe its not actually rebated to me but a portion is put into the lease. Ill revise the post but bottom line is 760/month with 5k down payment(as required by tesla).

How many miles do these demos have?

1 Like

I read that the rebate is passed on only if you decide to buyout the lease and term end. So buyout price might be RV - $7500? Either way, congrats on the Tesla S.

Mine has 1600. I had a few links but some are gone. Here is one that is a bit more expensive and only had a 19k discount so the lease isnt as attractive at about 100/more a month, but as of late yesterday there were a healthy number of options on the east coast and most that we looked at seemed to have between 1-4k miles.
https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJSA1E24HF198715

+1 nice one on a car that does not lease well. But maybe with the Model 3 production ramping up, there will be an uptick of CPO Tesla and CPO leases!!
Ps what is the money factor?

Also, if anyone is working with an adviser at Tesla ask them specifically about inventory 90d models. They arent showing up in inventory searches online it seems but they can pull them up across the country. If you dont have an adviser, happy to send the guy i worked with information over to you via PM. Hes in NC but can help anyone.

Can you please pass along his contact info

I’m in the market for a new lease. Can you please pass along his info.
Thanks

Any tricks to getting a referral link?

Also, am I understanding your deal as an original MSRP of 88,050 and then $23k off that? Congrats!

I’d love to talk to your advisor…can you please share his contact?

Hey, if you buy a Tesla Model S or X through the link below, you get free Supercharging and $1,000 off. I think it’s a good deal so wanted to send it over.

Hi all. Seems a lot of the good ones have been taken as this deal is making the rounds on tesla forums as well. It also seems discounts vary for different reasons. Black interiors appear to be in much higher demand and have less discount for example based on the few I looked at. I’d highly recommend reaching out to a local tesla store and asking an advisor for 90d inventory with no transport fee and seeing what they can find. I’ll pm my advisor to those who asked as well as he can help of course. Ultimately they are unloading 90d inventory and when gone they are gone. The guys at most tesla forums seem confident these deals wil crop up more and more over the next few months as they did earlier this year as welll for another model but you have to be on target.

Also of note I got all my financial paperwork so I’ll update the main post later today but my cash price if I were to purchase was 108 and my actually msrp was about 100k. Interest is high around 5%. Payment is

So I took the bait and put a deposit down yesterday… and now I’m debating whether to Buy or Lease.
A loaded Deep Blue Metallic Model S 90D with tan interior. a “demo” with 23 miles on the odometer.
The biggest problem is that it’s 1,700 miles away :frowning: and Tesla wants $2K to ship it. I’d rather make a road trip out of it, fly down and drive her home.

Here are the details:
MSRP $110,250 (incl doc & dest)
Discount: $21,082
Cash price: $89,168

36/10K Lease:
$67,036 residual
$793/mnth

36/12K Lease:
$65,933 residual
$822/mnth

36/15K Lease
$64,830 residual
$850/mnth​
lease out of pocket: $5K + $1,090 fees + ~$2,450 TTL

Loan would be 72months at 0.99%

Using 36 months as a line in the sand.
Leasing will result in $37,743 being paid out.
Loan will result in $44,079 being paid out.​
a difference of $6,336 in favor of leasing

however, the principal balance on the loan will be $45,875
which means I would need to sell it for $52,211 to break even. anything over that, the Loan route comes out ahead.

I’m seeing a bunch of 2015 90D’s retailing for $67-75K depending on miles and options. with an added year of depreciation, I think they’ll be $59-65K.
So I think it’s a safe bet that I’d get over $52K for my 90D in 3yrs, don’t you think?

Nice! Where is it located?

Here is what mine worked out to be. I have one more day to make the same decision on lease vs buy. Money factor is high at .0021 for me. Is that what you are at?

MSRP $108,750 (incl doc & dest)
Discount: $23,000
Cash price: $85,750

36/10K Lease:
$66,225 residual
$733/mnth

36/12K Lease:
$65,138 residual
$762/mnth

36/15K Lease
$62,963 residual
$820/mnth​

lease out of pocket: $5K + $2,036 total

Standard US Bank / Tesla MF is .0021 which is 5.04%
very high in the leasing world… and from what I hear US Bank is a difficult Lessor to deal with

The car is in the Phoenix area and I’m in Chicago. There were similar ones in Cleveland OH and Raleigh NC when my OA checked yesterday, but they both had around 2K miles… whereas this one has 23 miles on the odometer.

I think I’m going to buy it, rather than lease.

Im in Raleigh and considered that one. If i recall it didnt discount as well so the lease would be higher than yours anyways. The lease vs. buy on these is a tough call as i suspect a good amount of changes coming in the next 3 years and that could be good or bad for that 3 year value. The buy rate is so great though its very, very tempting…either way its a great option and anyone looking for a tesla this is as good as its been. Good Luck and enjoy it!

1 Like

Remember you get the $7500 tax credit when buying new, I wouldn’t lease Tesla

1 Like

No - the S model will be getting long in the tooth by then with lower values. I think the best time to score a deal on S model might be in a year.

Normally id totally agree - leasing a tesla isnt a good move. In these cases, with 20+k in discounts, the leases are very attractive.

Additionally, new info i just got from my adviser (which he is verifying but ill post back) is they now allow zero down leases. So my lease on a 108k msrp is ~915/month with about 2k due at signing for fees and first month payment.

This is being missed by both of them in calculating lease vs buy.