Tesla launches car insurance offering in California

Tried to get a quote online, first it made me create an account, then said this:

1 Like

Go ahead and buy the car. Then we’ll let you know how much insurance costs.

Purely for the fanbois to say they have one more Tesla product in their pocket.

:bat:

4 Likes

Insurance backed by the rock solid full faith and trust of Tesla.

3 Likes

That happens to violate the Sherman Anti-trust Act

3 Likes

Couldn’t even spell “enforcement”

8 Likes

spellingg iz the hard :persevere:

3 Likes

According to you only five days left until Tesla goes into receivership. So no need to worry about any violations.

I want cheap Tesla insurance.

Just need a cheap Tesla to go with it…I’m honestly all for all-electric but the whole thing of being stuck waiting for parts that are back ordered really turns me off…Been there done that with a very limited production Cadi and I swore I’d never put myself in that position again.

2 Likes

The next owner certainly will.

1 Like

Hmmm Allante? [Resists urge to make Cimarron joke]

:bat:

2 Likes

I’m Roadster shopping again now that I know it’s possible to get them serviced. https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/08/24/tesla-roadster-whisperer-carl-medlock.html

1 Like

My guess is ELR

1 Like

Bingo. 2014 were small numbers and 2016 were even smaller (way smaller)

1 Like

Cadillac’s mistake was putting the Gen1 Voltec platform in the ELR when it finally launched, meanwhile the contemporary Volt had Gen2 improvements and Gen3 was around the corner. Chevy improved the Volt every year it was on the road, not so much the ELR (which was very nice but not even close to ELR prototype nice).

3 Likes

Yes this was a big fail however the 2016 were much improved.

There were plenty of parts for the Cimarron…plenty of Sunbirds, Cavaliers and Firenzas to scour.

I do wonder if there’s a single one left though. I probably haven’t seen one in at least 25 years.

Edit: found at least 2…and the owners are asking about 8500 too much for them lol…

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/cars+under+10000/Cadillac/Cimarron

1 Like

The ELR was a nice looking car. That said, GM got greedy in pricing a gussied up Volt.

1 Like