Tesla bankruptcy?

So basically almost the entire 1.5 billion dollar subsidy (200k * 7.5k) went to rich people buying 80k-100k cars. And around the month that a Tesla may finally sell an affordable car (assuming base model 3 really ships this year), the subsidy is gone. That is basically the most regressive tax policy I can think of - poor people subsidizing luxury car purchases…

To be fair the subsidy prolly came out of income taxes on the same rich people.

2 Likes

Wonder how many mistakes were made on the final batch of cars…

How does raw sewage spill on the floor anyways? Are they dropping deuces in buckets near the line?

Every single subsidy works that way since the top 10% pay 71% of all income tax and the bottom 50% pay less than 2%.

1 Like

Well well, Elon is in bed with Cheetoman.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/397031-elon-musk-donated-nearly-40k-to-republican-pac-filings-show

3 Likes

Trillion in tax cuts, he sure got his investment back and then some. Some fools will probably defend this as a lobbying effort to expand the $7500 credit.

2 Likes

Just because he donates to a GOP PAC doesn’t mean he approves of Trump. If you had read the article you would see that.

I learned you can’t say anything to a Tesla fan boy. For example a good friend of mine just bought the model 3 for $64K cash. No matter what you tell him he’s on Elon musk nuts lol Tesla is the best there are no issues my car charges in two minutes blah blah i just lmao. He doesn’t want to hear anything that is negative about Tesla, I’m not hating I just mention to him if he heard about Elon musk about not delivering as promise and the company as a whole has lots of work to do to be a real car company. Nice car though, I’ll just wait a good 3-5 years to maybe one day lease one not purchase.

5 Likes
1 Like

If they count on Musk, those boys will be rescued in 5 years if not long, hope they are still alive there. when did he ever meet the commit time!!

Just read that, that is absolutely ridiculouis. I am a diver, that is just disaster

He also donated to Kevin McCarthy who is a big time Trump supporter and has been since the beginning.

Comical. I bought my brother-in-law’s 2014 Model S P85 off lease. The car was fairly reliable for the first 3 years he owned it but then shortly after I started driving it major components started breaking such that the car was at the service center 8x during the 7 months I owned it. In all the car had over $20,000 in warranty repairs during that time. It was exhilarating to push on the right pedal but it was by far the worst car experience I’ve ever had in 30 years of driving. Quality control from car to car is miserable. It was common to see owners at my service center taking up 20+ minutes of a service adviser’s time just to go over everything wrong or broken with the car. I would never own one out of warranty, though this is a leasing forum so I guess people here may not care.

1 Like

File this under WTF

I couldn’t imagine working for this guy, I wonder how many people he employs just to stroke his ego?

I just don’t understand why Musk needs to put his hands in everything even on thing he know nothing about. He clearly doesn’t know anything about diving, let alone rescue cave diving, why not just shut the F up and let the professional do their job. If he wants to help, just pay.

These cave diving communities didn’t go tell him how to make cars, although they may actually know better.

I’m sure you could find people to put up with him and stroke his ego for the right price. However, you should see how he treated his first wife:

Still, there were warning signs. As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, “I am the alpha in this relationship.” I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious. He had grown up in the male-dominated culture of South Africa, and the will to compete and dominate that made him so successful in business did not magically shut off when he came home. This, and the vast economic imbalance between us, meant that in the months following our wedding, a certain dynamic began to take hold. Elon’s judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. “I am your wife,” I told him repeatedly, “not your employee.” “If you were my employee,” he said just as often, “I would fire you.”

The motherland of Fake News has turned on Elon: https://nypost.com/2018/07/21/elon-musk-is-a-total-fraud/

1 Like

First impressions on the performance Model 3 are looking really good.

Outline.com/https://www.wsj.com/articles/first-ever-review-of-the-tesla-model-3-performance-a-thrilling-modern-marvel-1532022533

1 Like

Tesla begging suppliers to cut pricing. Lol I’m sure this is the action of a company in good financial standing.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-asks-suppliers-for-cash-back-to-help-turn-a-profit-1532301091

1 Like

Does that mean buyers can ask for money back so they can put more money in their piggy bank?

The fanbois see this as normal business operational procedure.

1 Like