Tesla bankruptcy?

If Tesla acts now they could snag MB. Then if Tesla doesn’t make it Musk can still be a rich guy. Remember Time-Warner/AOL that worked out pretty good for Steve Case.

This is coming from a Cadillac guy, come on. I don’t believe it for a second. If anyone acquires Tesla, it will be Chinese.

1 Like

Mercedes sold all their Tesla shares a long time ago.

Currently at Cadillac, formerly at _______.

what made you jump ship? Lack of sales down south? I know they aren’t popular in western PA yet.

Wait, I’m confused. I was under the impression that MB currently get their batteries from SK Innovation, and previously were sourcing Panasonic units through Magna/Tesla?

Desperation mode now. “Give us another $2500 non-refundable deposit to order your car but we won’t tell you when it’ll arrive.”

Announced two days before the end of the quarter. Desperate move by Tesla to appear cash-flow positive for the quarter, or to even have enough cash on hand to keep the lights on to keep making cars.

It feels silly. Pay an extra $2500 for a car you’ve already put a deposit down on for it to be built in a tent without a solid delivery date, just a vague notion that you can configure your vehicle and it will be built “soon”.

How do the fanbois spin this into no big deal?

It’s exciting they have so many cars available that they can open up ordering.

Another production promise will be broken. That’s pretty much every production goal Elon ever made. Lol

Cutting corners so they don’t miss the target for the umpteenth time…

1 Like

No biggie. If the brakes are faulty, will be fixed OTA. Musk has brought agile car making to the industry. Just like decades ago people said waterfall model was only way to do software. Now it is agile. Innovate as you go. Build as you need. Iterate. Improve.

4 Likes

He hasn’t figured out a way to do an OTA update to fix a $1,000 door handle yet.

this was added to the audi site, the etron quattro

will be interesting to see MSRP + range in a couple months.

Saw headline that Tesla is opening a gigafactory in China.

Bad new’s for folk’s who expected to get the car for $27,500 unless congress passes the new bill.

Well that was never going to happen anyways, let’s be honest.

1 Like