Tesla bankruptcy?

Really? Do you want to tell that to the FAA. They require a pilot in control while on autopilot

Tesla to cut 9% of jobs in ‘difficult but necessary’ reorganization

This is your favorite argument? We are talking about cars here, so lets stay on cars. Besides, autopilot does fly plane with hands off. No lanes, no barriers there.

There’s a huge difference in regard to 6,000 planes in the air vs 250 million cars on the road with pedestrians, trees, guard rails, road signs, potholes, dead animals, etc… littering the roads. A commercial plane in the US also requires 2 pilots at all times. Does that mean a Tesla should require 2 drivers now?

the problem is Musk keeps making this kind of public statements, he will get more people killed.

If you watch the YouTube video comparing Honda Civic, Tesla 3 ($35k which doesn’t exist), and BMW something, Tesla wins. Don’t forget that the maintenance (including oil changes, timing belts, fuel pumps, etc.) is far higher on a Civic than on a Tesla … until something breaks outside of the warranty, that is …

Not totally dismissing the contents in those video, but doesn’t it sound like the creator is an Tesla fan?

It is also comparing a car with realistic data to a car with best case assumption.

Uh, oil changes are far higher in maintenance costs? How often and how long before you think a Honda needs timing belts and fuel pumps replaced?

And the initial quality of model 3s don’t look so good, I’m guessing those out of warranty repairs will catch up and pass a ICE Honda in no time.

I[quote=“Supakimchee, post:754, topic:38637”]
Uh, oil changes are far higher in maintenance costs? How often and how long before you think a Honda needs timing belts and fuel pumps replaced?
[/quote]

100k per timing belt change, together with water pump. Cost would be around $700 in my previous hondas. Oil change is like $20-25 at every 5000 miles. Never had the need for fuel pump for all my 3 Honda when they were retired, with 190k(civic), 250k(Accord) and 160k(parents CRV) miles. Overall cost of ownership is very minimal.

Honda can be service at any mechanics or shops. Due to competitive nature, routine maintenance cost is not high. Even Honda dealers will have couple n time time to time for oil changes and stuff. Tesla car as we see today, can only be serviced by Tesla, it is a monopoly markets. Granted the mass market model is still very new, maintainance required at this point is minimal. Let watch for the cost for a bit longer to judge.

Speaking of maintenance costs, how expensive are tires on a Tesla? Are they big $$$ or did they go with common sizes on them? Just curious- honestly don’t know- and I figured with all the electric torque they might go through tires quickly.

Autopilot in action

This car is on Autopilot. What happens next? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44460980

1 Like

Actually not bad, put it around the 3 5 series cost. Cars traction control doesn’t allow for donuts or burnouts, surprisingly tire wear is no worse than many European cars. Still 30k is probably where it will be

Tire life is mainly a function of driving habit. A smooth, not slow driver can make oem BMW M3 tires last 25-30k. Or a abrupt driver will only get 10k out of a set.

Giving the same driving habit, then it is mainly related to weight of the car and torque. This put Tesla at disadvantage, but again, driving habit dominates. You don’t have to use the full torque capability of the electric car.

As far as I see, model 3 uses tires you can get from tire rack or Costco.

If Tesla doesn’t want to go bankruptcy, they really should put the honest act together. A few more die, they will face class action that eliminate any chance of turning over.

If Tesla calls it Tesla SafetyConnect, Tesla Safety Shield, Tesla Eyesight, would that satisfy you? Autopilot was first made available on airplanes, they had many limitation like the Tesla cars. There were also many errors committed by the pilots too. You take the good with the bad, whatever.

Tell us something we don’t know?

Tesla is definitely going bankrupt, so much so that Musk just bought 25m in stocks.

Let’s get the lawsuit going on the Carrera GT too since it killed Paul Walker and the driver.

Funny. You keep proving your point to me and others while many proffesional people in the industry and outside industry making these points about Tesla. I just paste it here. Argue with professionals instead :slightly_smiling_face:

Official website says one thing, then the CEO keep making public statements like this.

To be fair, said CEO is completely out of touch with reality.