Tesla bankruptcy?

Yup. Someone overlooked it because it sounded like no one was aware of the problem. The other magazine testers were fine.

I didn’t know they sold hundred thousands of cars though. I thought they only sold 3k a week?

Ok, fair enough. I counted all sales, and not model 3 alone.

With that said, how do you miss the fact your car takes longer to stop than an F150? That’s not an oversight…that’s a blatant ball drop.

I don’t own a model 3, I don’t know???

From what I read, it appears something happened on the abs firmware between when the car went into production vs early production. No one caught it until consumer reports pointed it out? Anyway it’s been fixed via over the air update, not sure what else to say? Good thing is that it’s been fixed, bad thing is that someone changed the abs firmware?

This thread will be a funny read in a couple years. Some people really hate disruption. I might hate it too if I were the one being disrupted.

1 Like

At least it is better than this guy’s estimate :slight_smile: , from two months ago.

People probably requested deposit refunds when they realized there’s very little correlation between reservation date and actual delivery date.

One can probably reserve a $50K Model 3 Long Range today and get it sooner than someone who waited in line at the Tesla store two years ago but wants a $36K Model 3 Standard Range.

But I was spot on? 8% of reservations have bought while 23% have cancelled. Ergo for every sale they’ve had three cancellations.

Took them over 6 months to send me a refund lol

This is on local news today, BayArea ABC7, I guess Tesla is local. It also quoted, Tesla only ship 8000 Model 3 in last quarter. Far from 2400/week as indicated above.

More insight into “production hell”

It’s all about spin…

Pretty good summation here.

1 Like

to be fair “autopilot” does seem a bit misleading. :thinking: Audi named theirs adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist.

Yeah, “Autopilot” implies autonomy and could be used by class action attorneys looking for large settlements.

Tesla may not go broke because they can’t build Model 3’s fast enough. They may go broke because of large lawsuits.

That’s what I’ve been saying here - Tesla calling it “autopilot” is wrong, misleading and dangerous. But fanboys go into semantics. All these systems should be clearly defined as “driver assist” and nothing more.

As I’ve said before, we’re all guinea pigs whether we like it or not. Glad these aren’t very popular on the east coast.

1 Like