Tesla bankruptcy?

I’m starting to think that all of these “crashes” are PR stunts to bring down tesla

1 Like

Right, especially where people kill themselves to prove the point :thinking:

4 Likes

Come to the east coast. I’ve seen a total of maybe 5 in the last several years.

I think they sell 50% of cars to CA, and the other 50% to the rest of the country.

Outside of CA, they are very much a niche player. In fact, they sold about as many (100k last year) as MMNA did.

Considering how rare seeing a new Mitsubishi is on the road, I can see why someone would say that.

Elon said Reveal posted a bunch of fake news reporting that Tesla had underreported injuries suffered at its factories…but then quietly filed 13 additional injuries suffered in 2017 at its factories after the Reveal report was published. Lol

Teflon Elon (20202020)

C’mon how can you hear this and not be curious in the slightest to check out the news about it?

They burned through $700M in cash in Q1 (that’s $2.8B annualized, although the burn rate is ‘expected’ to slow) while they only have $2.7B in cash on the balance sheet. “Moreover, Tesla also has some near-term debt maturities to take care of, including a $230 million convertible bond due this November, and $920 million in convertible debt due in March 2019. This translates to cash requirements of at least $1.7 billion over the next 10 months.”

Key words when talking Tesla. They were ‘expected’ to be pushing out 5k/wk of Model 3’s at the end of 2017, and it still hasn’t happened. They were ‘expected’ to produce 90k vehicles in 2016, and missed that target. Robots were ‘expected’ to produce vehicles better and quicker than humans.

I’ll believe the slower burn rate when I see it.

1 Like

“There are fewer [$35,000 Model 3s] on the road today than there are Teslas floating through space.”

Hitting a parked SUV in the best of driving conditions !

All these accidents in “autopilot”. At what stage do we just have to say that it doesn’t work so well and shouldn’t be used.

1 Like

Part of it is on the driver. With that said, we’re all unpaid guinea pigs behind these idiots who think their car will drive itself without their input, whether we like it or not. Someone innocent is going to get killed in the process, as witnessed in the Uber debacle.

The fanboys will have you believe this is just part of progress. I’m just glad these things are so rare around the east coast, we don’t have as much to worry about yet.

Well said. Couldn’t agree more.

I think current owners are more than guinea pig for autopilot mode. Even some very critical software components aren’t validated properly. One of the recent “case”, Tesla’s over the air update reset the charging limit set by the owner. Due to over current drawn in house wiring, some part of the house were caught on fired at 2am with 2 kids sleeping in the house. It can get you and your family killed even at parked.

Here’s some video of such :
https://youtu.be/RASBcc4yOOo

More factory woes…this time in the Paint booth…

So an electrical code violation is now Tesla’s problem too?

I love how it is the same people making the same BS argument.

At least you can fart peacefully in your Tesla

Not electric code failure at all. The car was used and charged in the family for 2 years without issues. The EVRS didn’t have built in current limiter. This isn’t unusual because most cars have limit setting. Tesla too, but was reset after FW update.

And if you know electric code, you will know that over current breakers have response time somewhat propelortional to the overage. With a graduate 10-20A over the breaker rating for a 220V 30A circuit, it can take hours to trip.

And OTA update didn’t retained a safety setting is IMO, a very over sight.

And I love how anything Tesla made is great for fanboys, anything goes wrong is always someone else’s false. The owner of that house was a fanboy too until this incident.

I don’t know electric code, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn.

Oh wait, maybe I do remember one particular section of the NEC, it is labeled NEC 625.40. I recall it states that a dedicated (NEC 625.xx) circuit is required for electric vehicle charging. It has to be rated 125% more than the EVSE due to the continuous load from the EVSE (NEC 625.40). That means 40amp charger has to be put on a 50amp circuit. A 72A EVSE has to be put on a 90A circuit. That’s how you control the flow of charging, not from the car. If I have a 30A 240 circuit, I don’t install a 72A Tesla HPWC and use the car to set the charging to 24A. You set the HPWC to 24A. That’s the code, no debate about it. You think every car gives you the option to change settings? I have had 5 EV cars, only 2 had the option to control charging speed.

Does this make NEC a fanboy? Or try to tell your story to the city permit department, see if they will give you a permit.

You are talking about NEC code of today. How about EVSE install back in 2011? As far as I know, 625.40 was new code added for 2015. Prior to that, EV charging circuit needs to confirm to 210.xx Which does NOT have this EVSE max rating restriction. The 125% requirement is still there, but setting restricted by the car was permitted.

NEC code get tighter year by year. It however does NOT mean with new codes in place, safety procedure for older code compliant installation can be ignored. You can NOT possibly force all older installation to update, else houses would require a tear down and rebuild often.

But let me also ask one question. Do you think Tesla purposely skip the restoration of previous charging setting (Yeah, I am not supporting that anymore kind of statement)? or they missed certain corner cases in that FW? If the answer is former, then we have to agree to disagree. If the answer is later, that was my point all along. Cars aren’t phone. To roll out unfully tested FW or feature in a car to the public and let them do tests is NOT a responsible act.

625.21 came out in 2011, it covers basically the same thing.

You are right, you are not required to upgrade the wiring in your house. You just can’t install any EVSE you want without it, ask the Tesla fanboys at the permit department at any city to see what they will say.

You are right it is annoying they erased setting if that is indeed what happened (I don’t follow every Tesla story like some of you guys), yet what difference does it make if the wiring was built to code? If Tesla push a release out for extra power, you going to start blaming them for every speeding ticket?

Do they have plenty of software bugs? Plenty
Do they not test the software? No, you don’t get this many releases and features without any testing
Do they overlook things in their QA test? Absolutely
Do most owners enjoy the updates? Majority would say yes

Nothing with Tesla is responsible to you. I get it. I have seen many of your posts about it. I understand some Tesla owners might have pissed you off at some point, but it’s a car. Get over it.

I have more non Tesla in the house than non Tesla, do I still qualify as a fanboy?

1 Like

You mean like brake enhancements after a couple hundred thousand cars and a CR report later?