Tesla bankruptcy?

Tesla isn’t going to go bankrupt any soon, but I don’t see them sticking around for the long-term. VW can crush them in a matter of years.

Famous Tesla youtuber/promoter crashes while on autopilot, said “car suddenly veered right into median”. Tesla fans immediately turn on him even though they were praising him only a few days before.

Life’s tough for a Tesla fan, you get eaten alive the second you show weakness.:rofl:

Wow, some posts there are very nasty, even You You him/herself has never show negativelity toward Tesla. He/She just merely share experience. Very tough to be a Tesla fan.

The TSLA cultists are deranged.
I’m sure Elon will be railing against the #fakenews media for reporting on this accident.

1 Like

Yep, this guy was a huge ambassador for Tesla. How quick the Elon cultists are throwing him under the bus. Sad!

Elon is this generation’s Enron

Which is worse? the autopilot defect or the FCA cruise control issue where the cruise control does not shut off???

Both are pretty bad, but who knew basic cruise control function is still hit or miss with some manufacturers.

the Audi “auto pilot” name traffic jam assist works very well, I have about 10 hours now using the system and I love it.

I think it depend on the expectation of the feature from the users. For a cruise control, users usually are still engage in driving, just not the gas paddle part. If the drivers detects cruise control acting up, I would think it is rather easy to mitigate. For manual, just depress the clutch. For auto, shift into neutral. With Autopilot, from what we have seen, users tent to take a more hand off approach and start doing other things. This along is the most dangerous part.

This guy has been far from an ambassador, and the majority of folks on Tesla Facebook groups have criticized him for months, not just after the accident. He has repeatedly pulled stupid stunts while driving, talked about bribing border guards, refused to pay tickets, and he was driving with liability only insurance on a $60k car. He’s been a headache for the entire community.

Elon’s trying to make up lost ground with Trump tweeting fake news.

The Tesla board of directors aka Kangaroo court. A way overpaid kangaroo court.

They are making some nice coin for a company that has never been profitable.

Obviously it depends on the area, but a broad sweeping statement saying “very few Teslas are on the road” is just not true. I am in Northern California, and while yes, this is the headquarters of Tesla, our main freeways are literally crawling with them. In traffic, I can easily see more than 30 Teslas within 30 minutes of driving home - they dominate the carpool lane. Model X, Model S, and now Model 3. So from the perspective of what i see, it would seemTesla is doing quite well.

and another one

I am in NorCal, SF Bay Area to be specific. What you observed is definitely true, but it is by no mean a good representation. The situation here is quite unique. We see more ModelX than MDX which is supposed to be the best selling 3 row cross over in the US. We also see more X5 than RX350, which is supposed to be the best selling lexury crossover. People here don’t buy the middle of the pack lexury brands. Two end of the spectrum are more popular.

Going to agree with this, again, this is California (SoCal) but Tesla’s are in no way rare - I have a 20 minute commute and easily see a dozen a day and I’m not really looking for them. Last week I saw 4 in a row in the carpool lane, which was a bit unusual.

What basis is there to support the claim that Tesla is not doing well…even at the point of Bankruptcy?

I don’t think there is such a claim. It all started with Elon April fool tweet. But I do think if Model 3 isn’t living up to the company’s expectation on sale, and the quality keep bringing sold Model3 back for warranty work, then Tesla’s financial situation is very shaky.

Keep in mind, Model S and X are a good reflection on cars for mass market. Not only they are in the upper price range, people who bought them, most if now all are Tesla’s enthusiasts. They are willing to deal with bugs and glitches. Model 3, if really intended to be mass market, buyers will not be as lenient. IMO, this is one of Tesla’s main challenges after catching up production throughput.