Tesla bankruptcy?

There is no need now for the Federal Trade Commission to intervene in response to the gripes of those who put down $1,000 deposits for his alleged $35,000 Model 3 only to discover the fine print: Tesla is entitled to move them perennially to the end of the line in favor of customers who are willing to fork up for the fully loaded ($78,000) version.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-last-temptation-of-elon-musk-1527029093

illegal stuff too again.

Recognizing that salespeople don’t have time to explain all the new technology that cars offer today, from Bluetooth to advanced safety packages, dealers like Quirk Ford outside Boston are using teenagers to inform the customer after the sale has been made. General Manager Mike Quirk says he thought of using the group of 10 teenagers, called the Technology Team, after realizing that salespeople would rush through the process.

@vhooloo’s best friend Quirk :grin:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/advanced-features-make-cars-safer-but-theyre-slow-to-catch-on-1526911284

1 Like

I think by now, everyone understands why Tesla has to do this.

Tesla called out for deceptive and misleading advertising of “Autopilot”.

They read my recent post here LOL

Yup, I gave Mike Quirk that idea when I saw a gang of teens hanging outside the showroom vaping with their cellphones. I said hey- who better to explain tech to grandpa than teens who are born with iPhones and PS/4 consoles attached to them! Now all we need is a translator from the teen slang to English for Grandpa and we are all set.

3 Likes

Elon’s losing his sh!t. Lol

Elon Trump LOL…

2 peas in a pod.

1 Like

The Uber Technologies Inc. self-driving car involved in a fatal crash in Arizona identified an object on the road six seconds before impact and didn’t determine the need for emergency braking until nearly five seconds later, U.S. safety investigators said Thursday.

The calculation ultimately wasn’t acted on as the car’s built-in automatic emergency braking system was disabled and the safety operator responsible for performing such a maneuver didn’t apply the brakes until after the collision, the National Transportation Safety Board said in its preliminary report on the March 18 accident in Tempe, Ariz., near Phoenix

On the latest Consumer Reports “Talking Cars” podcast they describe a conf call with Musk following their latest report on the 3. It didn’t sound adversarial at all, there was no “fake news” BS. He promised to investigate the brake problem and fix it ASAP.

Maybe he (belatedly) realized that crying fake news about legit issues wasn’t working.

:joy:

That’s what I’ve been talking about :slight_smile: @coss1600

SHOULD TESLA’S SYSTEM BE CALLED AUTOPILOT?
Two U.S. consumer advocacy groups urged the Federal Trade Commission on Wednesday to investigate what they called Tesla Inc’s ‘deceptive and misleading’ use of the name Autopilot for its assisted-driving technology.

The Center for Auto Safety and Consumer Watchdog, both non-profit groups, sent a letter to the FTC saying that consumers could be misled into thinking, based on Tesla’s marketing and advertising, that Autopilot makes a Tesla vehicle self-driving.

Autopilot, released in 2015, is an enhanced cruise-control system that partially automates steering and braking.

@Ursus Not sure if you are aware, the same people that are getting the settlement (btw a very small $ amount) have basically the same features that the current cars have. They basically got the features 1.5 years late, not that they got nothing. I think the compensation should be higher for sure.

Missing the point again - it is the fact that Tesla settled, admitting being in the wrong. And the amounts are laughable, but the amounts are not the point.
So it just says Tesla is mortal, like every other manufacturer and car.

Well, technically settlement =/= admitting guilt. :smiling_imp:

Have you looked at the lawsuit? The complaint was mainly about paying for features that they didn’t get in time. I agree they should be compensated for it, but it is not the same as the typical news headline

full self driving too.

Things are going well. Elon posted that Tesla will have sustained 500 Model 3 a day production after May shutdown. This is going to drive prices down of other Electric cars …