Tesla bankruptcy?

You are all caught up in the word “autopilot”. “Autopilot” is a term to describe a whole list of features. It’s no different than whatever Nissan, GM or Volvo call their system. Are they confusing? Yes, I still don’t know the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2’s difference on Volvo’s system. Tesla has their own problem with AP1 and AP2, which has different capabilities.

The full driving part of the software isn’t even available, might never even be available. People who are buying them should know they are putting $3500 in as a prayer.

The people that crashed are owners who have had their car. They just got complacent over time and became reckless, it’s no different than people who think they can drink and drive or play with cell phone and drive. Selfish people like that will ruin it for people who play by the rules.

And that is a good enough reason to sell auto pilot that can crash for you?

You are absolutely correct and accurate here. AP isn’t any more capable than similar features offer from another brand. For most people that is the understanding. But for Tesla fanboys, that isn’t, especially when the CEO says this himself

Keep in mind, no one say driver assist features aren’t safe. Over advertising such a feature as self driving is the problem here, by Tesla.

You can easily join the special group by taking your eyes and hands off any other car, no difference. They were warned not to do it but did it anyway. I am not sure what you want people to.

They are selling the car has the hardware capability, not much different than bmw saying they have cars that can do 180 but speed limited to 155. All about the details

Volvo calls it’s “semi-autonomous” feature Pilot Assist as well…

it’s marketing.

the instructions and the in-car warnings are clear that you can’t just let the car drive.

again, it’s amusing that it tends to be the people who love to scream about "personal responsibility’ who are also the ones predisposed to hate Tesla, and so are the first to blame the Tesla over the driver,

I would love to know how many Volvo drivers would even attempt to do this. While most Tesla drivers do it. Guess why?

because you’re making up that “stat”?

otherwise please post the verified citation as to what percentage of users do that in either cars

it is because tesla drivers are brain damaged liberals. mainly autists in the tech industry.

Which stat did I make up? The one “i’d love to know” or “most Tesla drivers”? Tesla fanboys go crazy about “autopilot”, just ask @ng0. Never heard from Volvo drivers about attempting to watch a movie while driving on their “semi-autopilot”. $49,995 price always seems better than $50,005 and this is what Musk does well.

CR released their review of the model 3 and they don’t recommend it. Most glaring issue is the atrocious braking distance that’s worse than a F-150.

this one:

"most Tesla drivers do it. "

but i get that the “there’s no global climate change”, petrol engine FANBOYS hate Tesla no matter what.

i

So, you are saying that NOT most of Tesla drivers use autopilot (as intended or not)? Really?
Btw: I don’t hate Tesla and would gladly drive Model S, but not for its autopilot. It should supplement driver, not the other way which Musk promotes.

I’m saying I have no reason to believe more Tesla owners abuse or ignore the recommendations for their system than Volvo drivers or any other system.

I’m sure there are examples of natural selection in both camps.

just like there are people who want to pretend science isn’t real because it suits their “politics” (read as : tribe)

I wasn’t talking about that. I meant blindly relying on it. Same people, different marketing of similar systems.

Brain damage…

1 Like

Edmunds encountered multiple issues with their long term Model 3 recently as well. Not a very good update at all.
And Car and Driver also panned the Model 3 in their review published in their June issue. Making cars is tough.

And another fatal Autopilot incident?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Why field test your cars, when CR can do it for you…