Tesla 3 Lease questions

Since there is no factory support for the vehicle we can’t comment on the specifics of the deal. It’s not like we can say the mf is marked up because we don’t know. So all we can do is compare it to others cars, which it doesn’t compare favorably to. It’s a niche vehicle and if you want one buy it or lease it, but it seems to make more sense to purchase unless you NEED to lease it.

2 Likes

So your going from a model S/X to the model 3?
Deal is pretty harsh thats why everyones trying to tell you to either stay away or finance. Is it possible Tesla might offer a lease program down the road and maybe you can wait?

Garbage. Don’t do this. Tesla leasing generally is bad. I was able to get a model x p100d with $0 down for $1203 / mo. This as others have said is something like $837 / mo.

Edit: I’m aware this is through a third party. Tesla leasing is > .00249 MF, I forget exactly. This deal seems terrible for a 55k car. On the other hand I was looking for a Golf R recently for a buddy of mine and holy shit VW leasing is worse than this.

So i just checked the website out to figure out how is this being done. This 3rd party website, has anyone else other than OP heard of it? The website seems pretty incomplete for some reason. Also, they mention kilo car financial services which I cant find a legit website for as well. OP, you might wanna be extra careful before you sign up for anything. Keep us posted.

2 Likes

I’d take that TeslaX deal with zero down not knowing your options. As to Finance? Never on an EV because in three years battery range will be double what it is now. As yo what I leased before. It was a Toyota RAV EV. 2400 built between 2912-2014. Was a project car for Tesla to use 75d components to model test for the X. Great car! 150 mph range.No issues. Lease was off the charts on what was a 52k car with no options. Fed/state credit plus another 8k from Toyota. 36 mos. 429.00 per month tax inc. With unlimited miles. Toyota moved to the Mirai and now offering same type of crazy deals. Zero down, 15k per year, 399 per month tax inc and 425.00 per month in free fuel. Almost free. Lol

I removed the wheels from this. Came out $5500 less. 36 months 10k miles $1203 a month. $0 down.

Here’s… the lease.

2 Likes

EV range is going to double in 3 years? Kind of a weird blanket statement to make. You’re obviously shopping for an extended range model 3. So 600+ miles per charge? Do you know something we don’t know, or is this based off a tweet Elon might have made?

1 Like

I don’t but suspect based on what is being suggested and documented it’s not impossible since range has improved 40% on EV cars in the past 3 years

1 Like

So… based on that you suspect EV range is going to increase by 100% in 3 years. Ok…I would be all for that…

2 Likes

Highly doubt range will double 3 years from today. There are not too many efficiencies to be had from battery density compared to today. Buying an EV, Tesla specifically, is not terrible. I think more so the technology related to advancing autonomous driving is what will drive the value down going forward. Higher powered hardware for example, the “AP3” or whatever is next.

However with the roadster getting a 200+ kW battery, I could see more battery capacity added to the vehicles. I don’t care about my front trunk or my back underneath compartment thing.

I’m certainly no expert :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you pay an extra $100-150 per month, you can possibly lease a showroom model Model S, instead of this one.

1 Like

It’s been 5 years since the RAV4 EV came out, so far there still aren’t any full EV cars that can match the interior volume outside of the Tesla, not at the 33 or 36K the RAV4 EV sold for anyway

Yes we know. Not the point. Tesla X would not exist if not for Rav EV

Last week, you were pitting 2 dealer’s here against each other trying to get a Bolt under 400/mo with little down. Now you want a Model 3 with 5k down, an effective 850+/mo from some obscure, potentially shady 3rd party leasing company?

5 Likes

Not sure if the x had anything to do with the RAV4. They don’t carry the same thing

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

uh hes not a dealer bud, but he does have a point. Both the dealers mentioned have helped a lot of people on this forum with valuable information. So pitting them on here is not only a waste of time for them, but for yourself as well. Let them be here to continue helping everyone as they have been for a while. Thanks.

I don’t think it’s a good deal, and obviously it won’t be on a new car that isn’t even being offered for lease by Tesla. This 3rd party has to make money somewhere. The way I see it, assuming a 3yr lease, you’re paying a little over $30k (not including taxes). Instead, pay a premium ($1000) for someone else’s Model 3 reservation and get one for $55k and since you’re in CA you can get $10k back in rebates making your net cost $45k. That means to break even with this lease deal, at the end of 3 yrs, you need to sell Model 3 for minimum $15k. Obviously I can’t tell the future, but I’m fairly confident a 3yr old Model 3 will sell for more than that. Going this route also gives you the flexibility of when you sell and how many miles you can drive too.

There are some third party finance companies that will bend you over with lease-end charges.

So are you saying I should lease or buy? Not sure how I sell for 15k st end of lease. Either way I have a reservation already for sometime between July and September. Just learned that this particular lease co. Does not share the rebates with me but someone else on this site referred me to these folks who might. Thanks