Temp car for 2-3 months

In my area it shows around 1800

1 Like

i just used my corporate leisure code. If you don’t have one, I checked costco travel, and it looks like you can get an intermediate car for $700/month. Don’t use the airport as a pickup/dropoff location.

1 Like

Not sure where you’re located but In any of the areas I’ve checked (CNJ/NNJ being one of ‘em), I haven’t seen pricing like that since pre-pandemic.

1 Like

Hertz has a good subscription program for short term (2 months minimum) if you want to check it out.

Just make sure Hertz doesn’t toss you in Jail for a stolen rental.

and OMG $600/month for a spark.

2 Likes

Why not just get a Tesla model 3 from the drop? You are NJ so no sales tax, when you sell it in a couple of months you are gonna get more than what you paid for it

I heard about that story in the news but I’m not the paranoid type, I’ve been renting from them for 20 years now and I never had a single issue. They have other cars with a similar price point like Mazda 3 or Ford Focus, not sure why your eyes only saw the crappiest one. Leasing any of those cars will cost you anywhere between $350-400 a month all in in this environment so basically you are only wasting couple hundreds more amonth for the convenience of having the car for short term plus the extra mileage(you get 2000 miles a month). If you do the math for buying a beater car and factor the taxes, registration, maintenance, potential breakdown, gas efficiency, depreciation, time spent on buying then more on selling the car you will find out there is no free lunch.

No matter how to ‘spin it’ $600/month for a Spark is way too high.

I agree there are other issues and costs , but $600/month for a Spark…yikes.

And of course you might not have an issue, there are tens of thousands who rent from Hertz daily. but the 200+ who got thrown in jail ‘wrongly’ over a couple of years is pretty newsworthy, especially since the others don’t appear to do this.

1 Like

Holy crap! I thought it’s one or two cases. It seems like a huge system failure from their part. I’m sold. it’s time to switch to a different company.

2 Likes

They’re really not the same company any more. Multiple ownership and management changes later, the “stolen rental car” junta are now in charge.

3 Likes

They seems at capacity now, so can’t use this program

Thank you for your interest in this program.

We’re currently at subscription capacity – but please check back often as we’re actively working to extend the program

1 Like

I honestly don’t have like 50-60k in free cash and I don’t want to do another finance contract at this point.

I wish more companies were honest enough to hang a “under worse management” banner

1 Like

Buy a sub $5,000 car from the 10k thread. Not because of any assumptions about your liquidity but because more expensive used cars are more inflated.

Anything remotely appealing to Carvana’s buying dept should be avoided in this scenario.

1 Like