Teen insurance cost

Amen. Though I never understood why this should be the case. I guess that’s why there are so many people who just give keys to their relatives / friends without checking anything, as it’s often impossible to get any answers at all :slight_smile:

Well, if I were an OP, I would certainly investigate this option and see what it would end up being financially (that’s basically what my initial reply was about) :wink:

Thanks!

I know its ridiculous. it used to be 220 but after my accident went in to my record( which i was found not at fault for 80/20) i received a call from them saying that my area is more dangerous now, that’s the reason for the price increase.

Interestingly, I was in a bit of a panic after this thread and phoned my State Farm rep.

I’m not keen on State Farm, but god, changing insurance is hard. We’ve got 3 cars, personal, home, etc., all woven together.

Anyway, back to our story. She gave me the impression that the cars were linked to the primary driver. And suggested that my son, if he passes and gets his license, should become the primary driver of whatever car we have that is cheapest.

Of course, this is just the person answering the phone.

But as I sit here, about to give him my old '06 x5, I am basically hamstrung on getting something nice for me, because it may impact us all (if they do charge us based on the most expensive car, etc).

USAA lets me model different future costs based upon the vehicles I am interested in buying, as well as who I have be the primary driver of each vehicle. All I need to tell the portal is either the VIN of vehicle or Make/Model/Trim. Very convenient, except it remembers all the different vehicles you modeled a cost for and I think I am over 3 dozen now…

State Farm is one company that doesn’t rate them on the most expensive vehicle, I think. Since they write separate policies for each vehicle I could be wrong. Like I said each company is different.

Do you know if you can put a teenager on the plan and still get approved?

I don’t see why not, but you should contact Volvo and see what they say.