Taycan Launch Happening Now!

From the article:

“The U.S. government’s fuel economy site lists the Porsche Taycan Turbo’s range capacity at just 201 miles—far shorter than the estimated 280-mile range of the European WLTP testing standard for the same car.”

Duh! Every single ev tested on their cycle has higher mileage than the EPA cycle. The EPA is pretty accurate…even includes charging losses.

“While most of us likely know by now that the EPA has extremely conservative range estimates for EVs…”

I most certainty do not know that! …and i have been driving evs for a few years now. If i drive my eGolf like an old lady i will beat the 125 mile EPA estimate by about 20-30 miles…but under normal driving (half city, half freeway, ac on) the EPA estimate is dead on.

I see alot of people commenting on these results. This is their first ev and comparing it to the Teslas is not fair. Tesla efficiency is not the industry standard, it’s the very edge.
Also, since when Porche drivers care about efficient cars anyway? They have about 30k orders for this car already.