Tax Situation NY / FL - BMWFS incorrect monthly amount

, , ,

Is 325 documented anywhere at all? Maybe it was just a dream …:sleeping:

right - that’s the rub, I don’t have a single piece of paper in my inbox that says $344.16 OR $325.

They sent me blank things to fill out and said they’ll fill everything out as needed. The last thing I can find is $366 with $1100 down (this wasn’t the final quote though).

No doubt lesson learned, get everything in clear email / writing and save the paperwork lol. Juice may not be worth the squeeze here, but we’ll see what /if the dealer comes back with.

I would love to be wrong on this, as the hacker in me of course loves the pinching of pennies, but I think the $344 was the pre-tax number and that $1100 you paid upfront was for the tax. If your contract shows $0 dollars in the tax line, that will tell you what you need to know.

The only paper that matters is the lease agreement that you signed. Does it say $344.16?

Sure does, that’s what BMWFS keep coming back to - but my point is I believe that is incorrectly filled out by the dealer (after I signed and initialed and so on)… Likely going to just leave it alone and move on

It sounds like the dealer did not update the paperwork with BMWFS, or at least, some kind of error happened but regardless, you agreed to pay $344.16 separate from tax, per the lease agreement, so that is all that matters now. Back to your original post -

It sounds like you do need to update your address as BMWFS still thinks you are in NY, and thus is not applying the appropriate FL tax to your lease? As a reminder, the bank receives tax bills, as they own the car, pays them on your behalf, and then adds it to your bill. In this case, you probably owe some back taxes and your monthly payment will go up…but the good news is that $1100 was refunded to you so you can pay off what will potentially be owed and still do a transfer when its all sorted out.

and as a quick follow up comment, you may be wondering, well how does BMWFS not realize it if the car is registered in FL so as an example, when I sold my last Audi lease early…to an Audi dealer, AudiFS still paid an errant tax bill for a period of time when I did not own the car, and then passed it on to me. When I called them and reminded them of their own confirmation document that the car was sold a year prior, they took it up directly with the tax authority.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.