Tacoma - Replacing Wheel / Grille with a lease deal?

Hello, I’m finally ready to pull a trigger soon for Tacoma. I’m thinking about a lease deal. I drove a leased car around 10 years ago, but it was a company car, so I know basics but not sure about details. I’d like to get final wise words from experience, and avoid big whooops moments.

Here’s the detail.

19’ Tacoma TRD Sport

Dealership: Tustin Toyota (SoCal)

Don’t know the leasing bank

15k / yr & 3-year deal (with MSD, 1-pay is attractive but I’m afraid… I will just keep “paying the lowest down payment”)

I’m thinking about 3 mods

• Wheel (4runner TRD Pro Wheel)

• Grille (Tacoma TRD Pro Grille)

• Camper Shell

My questions are,

1. Grille swap (Tacoma TRD Pro)
  • Is it better to get one from 3rd party and switch back to OEM before the time of inspection? (connecting TSS) - I think… I can do this? and keep the Pro grille.
  • Or should I ask the dealer to install when I first get a car? (Not sure it’s possible at the dealership?)
  1. Wheel swap (4runner TRD Pro)
  • Is it better to get one from 3rd party and Swith back to OEM before the time of inspection?(connect TPMS and sensor) and I can keep the Pro wheel after returning a car.
  • Or should I ask the dealer to install when I first get a car? (I think this is possible at the dealership)
  1. Camper shell
  • I think I’ll just remove it before the time of inspection.
  1. Tire maintenance
  • Is there a list of approved tire (the same size, style and speed rating, same all season etc) or must be the same OEM?
  • I usually exchange tires around 30-35k, so when I return (45k), remaining depth would not be a problem.

How’s you experience?

Am I missing something?

Simple Yes/No or sharing any experience would be tremendous help for me.

Thank you.

What are the odds? Why don’t you ask Cody Carter yourself…

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/socal-toyota-special-lease-offers/29834/4078

if you’re going to pay for dealer installed accessories, it’s going to cost you an arm and a leg. Almost as you are buying the entire thing, but they get to keep it when you return the truck. I would try Tacoma forums and Facebook groups to see if someone has wheels with tired for sale. At the end you return the truck back to stock and you still have ton of tread on the tires.

TRD PRO grill is way too expensive. Toyota just jacked up the price on the sensor cover from $60 to ~ $350. That’s not including the grill.

The pro wheels are cheap like $180 a piece plus install ~$100.