[SWAP PENDING] Takeover my lease: 2016 BMW 528i for $382/month

Basically, but more like 60% of $4,600 (given the amount of lease remaining), which equates to about a $2,800 incentive.

My thought process: Transport costs from CA to NY, plus parking, insurance and (potentially) another lease payment would be over $2,000, so rather than try to get a NY “fair market” price by asking for a payment of, say, $2,500, which might not even cover my above stated costs, I’d prefer to make someone happy by providing an awesome deal.

1 Like

There are plenty of people that would try to recoup most of their $4600. It’s nice that you’re being reasonable and straight forward about it. Glad it worked out though. Hopefully you’re able to have a quick and painless transfer.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, NG0.

2 Likes

i would go as far as saying @steve2 is actually unreasonable by NOT asking for any of it back, but in a good way. :smile:

3 Likes

You will absolutely NEVER use the vehicle. Not while you’re in "The City.” For years my brother and his family have commuted between west NJ on the weekends to the Upper West Side on the weekdays. Their routine has remained unchanged. Drive into “The City” on Sunday night, give up the car to a valet at a parking garage that charges extortionate rates, and never see the car again until Friday afternoon.

I’m sorry, I live in the city and use my car all the time. Just depends on where your going, I go out of the city quite a lot and even if I’m just going downtown I take the car

Different strokes for different folks. I’ve just never seen my brother use his car for anything other than to come in, or to leave. He and his wife either take a taxi, car service, or walk, wherever they go. I do know they pay a marchioness’ ransom every month, to keep their car hidden away all week.

I’m at the cheapest garage in the city $250 a month

there are cheaper garages in northern manhattan (or as I like to say, upstate manhattan)

Yeah no this is downtown. I secured a lock on a deal in Waterside Plaza when the market was bad. They are at like 325 now (still pretty cheap), I love it because I can park my own car and not get bashed.