Suggestion regarding sale of bought out leased 2019 RAV4

Hello everyone.

I am looking for suggestions to sell off my purchased 2019 RAV4 to get some equity.
I got it financed by my local CU and the retitling and registration have been completed.

I looked up offers from various online providers as listed in the wiki Here.

I am from central NJ. I was wondering if any hackrs had any suggestions who to sell to? Maybe even local dealers? Obviously a fast and streamlined process is the one I’m looking for (no need to make more payments than necessary!) :slightly_smiling_face:.

Any suggestions and comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you all!

Are you getting another toyota? If so I can get you an offer on the trade in.

Did the credit union force you to buy it out to sell it? If not you could have avoided taxes and fees by just selling before the lease was up…

Message me if you’re getting a new toyota and want to sell the old one towards it. You’ll get a tax credit that way at least

Jim
215-359-6836

Thank you for offering to help Jim.

No. I didn’t have an alternate vehicle at the time and my family needed 2. Also wasn’t looking to get another Toyota initially. It was the best solution possible at the time until we could sort the issues out.

I would rather have the equity in the bank than a credit towards a vehicle at this time.
I know I lost out on the tax, but again, was the best decision at the time.

Thanks!

1 Like

Quicker side would be probably Autonation, Carvana and Carmax. You can go local dealer route as you mentioned if you can find a dealer who can give you a tentative price without seeing the car. Most of them will tell you they need to see in person which a waste of time on your side.

Driveway takes a while. Idk how Vroom is lately. Almost all of these companies have a review topic in the forum. You can have a nice Sunday read and decide yourself. Good luck.

I’m thinking of these too.

Webuyanycar is also local to me? Should I check it out?

Someone also posted about Route46 auto group Here, but theirs was a Nissan, I’m not sure if I should reach out to them as well.

Was looking up on the web, there are a few who buy cars, so will be reaching out to them as well.

So, should I be asking my bank for 10day buyout quote now or just before the sale is made?

Also, the bank has my title(NJ!), would that be an impediment to selling the car?

Thanks!

Spend an hour entering your details and see what the various buying services offer.

Hi @jeisensc, thank you for replying.
If you saw my original post closely, I had already linked this wiki. And yes, I already am working on them.

I just wanted to find out if someone locally had any similar experiences in NJ.

Also had a few other queries to address as you saw above.

Sure check them out. Ask them how quick is their process. Can’t you see your buy out price when you login to the their online portal?

Bank held title shouldn’t be a problem. Also plan your new car ahead. Don’t overpay for the next car to get equity from the current one. At least weigh the outcome before hand.

Thanks. Working through all of them now. Will update once l have something.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.