Subscription Based Car Purchase

I’m new to the site, and wondering how it works. Do we work together to get the best deals and report them here? Or do people report the deals here and we can jump on them?

Deshone

Now Mercedes is joining the bandwagon

Yawn. I could lease 2 cars, insure them and buy a set of tires every 6 months, and still come out ahead.

608 monthly for the Momentum version,incuding insurance, and 708 monthly for the R design with insurance. You build both to your specs. Its just that some options are unavailable on the Momentum that are available on the R design

If you are advertising the services of this company you should register as a dealer/broker.

Actually, there are many companies doing this right now. I’m just trying to see what people think about them because it’s a new concept for me, and everybody else too. I’ve been following car subscriptions since the begging of the year…

I guess it’s just a coincidence that there is a company called Ameridrive that just happens to offer car subscription services and happens to have a blog written by Sara Davila, the same name you used to register on this website. What an incredible coincidence.

6 Likes

First, gotta admire your research skills :ok_hand: yes that is true but I’m not trying to sell anything, if you see my activity here I’m literally just asking around… Ameridrive is a small company, it only offers its services in South Florida. Not sure how can this forum will reach people ONLY in SoFlo… but ok

I don’t see this as peddling. Just inquiry.

To answer the question: no. These services are too expensive. If $98/wk is the lowest, then we are talking $400/mo for something like a Yaris or Forte. I pay less than that my for Alfa.

Compared to a rental, it may work out depending on your needs, but it is far from enticing to a leasor.

Volvos subscription is backlogged – they actually raised the monthly.

Makes me wonder how badly people are getting taken at the dealership with down payments

Moved to Offramp where it belongs.

I actually closed his other thread with the same and told him to search. Moved to the existing thread.
@ameridrive - stop opening new threads and post you questions/observations about this subject in the existing threads.

This might be a not bad deal… Hear me out.

1. This program includes taxes and registration, and since it is being piloted in Texas, that’s a big benefit.
  2. You get two free days of Silvercar a month, which is around $100 value imo.
  3. Unlimited mileage and insurance is included. Again, could especially benefit Texas residents who drive a lot.
  4. Two swaps a month, each time delivered with a full tank of gas.

I think it’s not bad at all, especially since they’re running a promo with half off the first month with a 3 month commitment.

2 Likes

Nissan is renting, Audi is subscribing…
What’s going on?

Traditional sales do not work anymore?

You rent houses so why would you not rent a car?

That’s not the point. It was more common to rent from a renting company than a car dealership.

Presumably not, I assume, in part, b/c millennials don’t seem to care much about car ownership?

I agree to an extent. Given insurance prices are high in Texas thanks to all the wonderfully talented and focused drivers here. This could potentially be a good deal for an expat as my insurance alone was around $200 per month for the first 6-12 months.

For the higher mileage drivers it might work, although if windscreens and replacement tires (for unpluggable punctures) aren’t included it’s not as appealing as that’s a major issue here.