Submitting Lease offers to dealerships for 2020 BMW 440i. Does the quote seem reasonable? Please advise

Be as specific as possible in the title if you are posting a deal – include car model, monthly payment, and money down.

Include as much information as possible in your post, and even a celebratory picture. :wink:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW 440i 6MT.
MSRP: $54,630
Monthly Payment: $490.81
Drive-Off Amount: $500
Months:36
Annual Mileage:10k
MF:.00099
Residual:59
Incentives:2500
Region:Eastcoast
Leasehackr Score:9.1
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Your calculator is missing a lot of info. Tax, dealer fee, taxed incentives, gov fees etc.

I put that in the adjusted cap cost. $1500 for acquisition, doc, and title and tags. My State of residency doesn’t pay state tax.

You can still put them in the correct locations. Anyway, what’s the dealer discount before incentives and how much is the dealer fee?

It’s much easier for us to help evaluate the deal when you have the information in the right places. No one knows what the right monthly for your situation is off hand, but we do know what the pieces should look like.

Thank you for the feedback.
When I was posting, I didn’t see the slots for fees.
Let me re-post and try to put them in the right category.
Thank you.

1 Like

There’s a pretty thorough calculator FAQ to help walk you through it

You could definitely push for more discount. Also, check Edmunds to confirm RV and MF.

Please change title of post to be more descriptive.

1 Like

The MF and RV is from Edmunds.
What discount % would you say is ideal?

440 inventory is fairly low and the car just ended production to make way for the new 4 series.

Some brokers are advertising up to 12% before incentives. If you can get that, you’d probably be in great shape.

With that said, the new buck tooth 4 series should start shipping in another month which means you may have better programs in late summer, but you might not have any leftovers to pick up. You’d need to decide if you like this exact car or just want a better deal.

This is the exact one I’m looking for. The dealer discount was exactly 12% before incentives. However, I might be missing a $1250 lease credit…

Is that what the dealer is using in the quote to you? You’ve confirmed Edmunds, just need to confirm what the dealer is using and you may have another lever.

No, if there’s one, it’s probably already being applied - it doesn’t come out of the dealer’s pocket. That’s why you need to confirm the pre-incentive discount. If there’s an incentive you qualify for, there’s no reason for them not to include it.

Edit: just noticed you’re looking at a 6MT… those are really rare, especially now, so your options could be limited. But I think you were also asking about a MB GLS? So you’re shopping the deal then, correct?

The dealership responded saying that 12% was too aggressive and they’ll pass.
Is 5% off MSRP on a 6MT aggressive?
I am even considering taking over a lease at $685/month.

It probably depends on how badly you want the MT. 5% off on a BMW, with rare exception, would generally be considered a less than stellar deal.

Also, just because one dealer says they won’t do 12%, doesn’t mean another one won’t. Unfortunately to get the best deals it will almost always require checking multiple/many dealers. The MT limitation will dramatically reduce your options though, as there are just not many of those around compared to the AT.