Subaru WRX STI lease help.!

So im a first time leaser, im in the market for a WRX STI, i went to a dealership today and i think these numbers are absurd, if i can get a little help from the hackrs would be greatly appreciated…

MSRP: 43,277.00
Selling price: “good deal”
Doc fee: 589.00
Residual: 24,667.89
Miles: 12k/36
Money factor i asked on edmunds0.00150
Zip code: 02368

Im putting 0 down, they are not willing to talk numbers because “is the last sti in the region” which is totally wrong, how much will it be a good deal for this car, since its my first lease im not truly a master of this.

Hey Man!

Is it $50/month? $5000? Somewhere in between?

You forgot the monthly.

1 Like

He said they wouldn’t tell him lol

Wowza

Sounds like Quirk or Subaru Norwood MA

Go speak to the guys at Patriot in North Attleboro

They’re top notch

1 Like

He can get a nice BMW (or S60 R) for the same or lower payments then what they are going to charge for this WRX. But it won’t be a “sports” car.

Sorry i forgot to post this picture with what they offered

Actually this was at patriot subaru XD

Holy cow… I was wrong. You can get an M340 instead.

1 Like

Im thinking about his car because it holds its value, dont know how well bmw or volvos hold

Why do you care if it holds value when you are leasing?

3 Likes

Yes - what Jon said. If you buy then sure. Just buy WRX

Cause i can sell it instead of turning it back and profit

This is ugly

2 Likes

Run, don’t walk. To another store.

That’s too bad. Patriot has been great in the past! I’m eatin crow

Then finance it. You’re just burning money with that MF/rent charge and the acq fee.

Zero discount, almost $24,000 to drive a $43,000 car for 3 years, unknown numbers and unwillingness to share them. Ya, this is awful.

2 Likes

What would be a reasonable monthly payment for a car like this.??? Like i said im new at leasing cars

Do some searches on this forum for that model, but here is one from last year. It’s not apples to apples exactly since it’s older, but it should give you an idea. Good or Bad deal? Subaru WRX $269 A month

This one is $269 a month, so it’s a gigantic difference.

Here’s what it should look like on a base WRX STI (no push to start, no Moonroof, and no Harmon Kardon sound system) and assuming you have tier 1 credit (700+ credit score with a decent history). This is all based off of CA DMV fees and tax rate.

MSRP: $38,600
Invoice price: $36,250 (all dealerships pay the same)
36 months @ 12k miles/year
$0 down = $500/mo.
$2000 down = $456/mo.

This is based off of a 7.25% tax rate, so over in 02368, it is only 6.25% and should be cheaper per month. I don’t know what the DMV fees look like out there either.

Overall, you can easily get an STI for $500/mo or cheaper if you don’t mind missing out on a couple of minor features. Get some online quotes from dealers in different nearby cities saying you want to lease the car at invoice. You can bring those quotes to your local dealer and see if they will match it too. Hope this helps!