Subaru WRX lease advice

Hi all,

I’m new to leasing and this site has been a huge help so far. I was looking to pick up a Subaru wrx base on a 36/12 lease in December. I have not directly spoken to any dealers yet but I see an offer through Subaru’s website for $325/mo $1965das. I know this is not a fantastic deal but it seems to be lower than many offers I have seen online. The offer is only available through November 1st so I’m looking to see if this deal is worth pursuing, or waiting until I was planning to lease.
Thanks,
-Parker

I suspect you’ll find that the deal on the website has a gigantic asterisk next to it that’ll add a couple more thousand dollars to the bill. Never ignore the asterisk.

I was taking a look at that, the $1965 das includes all of the fees.

Is this the deal?

2021 WRX

2021 WRX

Lease a new 2021 WRX for $325/Month

Now through November 1, 2021

Offer Details

Now through November 1, 2021 Lease a new 2021 WRX for $325/Month on a 36-Month Lease (Standard WRX 6MT trim, code MUN-01). $1,965 due at lease signing. $0 security deposit.

View Disclaimers

MSRP $28,420 (incl. $925 freight charge). Net cap cost of $27,235 (incl. $595 acq. fee). Total monthly payments $11,700. Lease end purchase option is $17,052. Must take delivery from retailer stock by November 1, 2021. Other leases available on other trim levels. Cannot be combined with any other coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer unless allowed by that offer. Special lease rates extended to well-qualified buyers. Subject to credit approval, vehicle insurance approval & vehicle availability. Not all buyers may qualify. Payments may be higher in some states. Net cap cost & monthly payment excludes tax, license, title, registration, retailer fees, options, insurance & the like. Retailer participation may affect final cost. At lease end, lessee responsible for vehicle maintenance/repairs not covered by warranty, excessive wear/tear, 15 cents/mile over 10,000 miles/year and $300 disposition fee. Lessee pays personal property and ad valorem taxes (where applies) & insurance. Offer not available in Hawaii. See participating retailer for details.

1 Like

“Retailer participation” will likely be a markup instead of a discount, so the actual payment will likely be wildly higher than the usual asterisk of TTL, doc, etc.

4 Likes

yeah that’s it

In this market, your first step should be finding a vehicle available at participating dealer.

If that’s the deal, it doesn’t include all the fees.

Payments may be higher in some states. Net cap cost & monthly payment excludes tax, license, title, registration, retailer fees, options, insurance & the like. Retailer participation may affect final cost.

Well, this might not actually be too far off. I just checked out AutoNation Subaru Hunt Valley, and it’s estimating $367 month for a $28,673 MSRP, 36/12, 0 down including taxes.

If you think $325 per month with $1,995 is already too high of a price on this car you’re going to be extremely disappointed when you go into the dealership

Subaru is not a very high volume brand, they don’t discount their cars much even before the inventory crisis, and there is never any incentives. The only saving grace is their residuals tend to be high but this isn’t a car you’re getting for $325 per month in the current conditions.

The estimations on the dealer website don’t mean a damn thing lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.