Subaru Ascent 2020 lease help

Hi Guys,
this is the deal a dealer in the bay area is giving me on a limited 7 seater ascent. Seemed decent but doesn’t compute when i entered it on the hackr calculator. Dealer said they are losing money on this. Highly doubtful right?
msrp is $42306. 36/12 $2k down. $458.91 per month payment. When I did the calculator based on the sales price of $36,735 I should have a payment of $417. MF is .00140 according to dealer. They didn’t send me a lease detail sheet yet. What should I do from here?

Ask for the lease worksheet, but I bet you mean $2k due at signing, not $2k down payment.

if 2k DAS/$973 down, payment will be $450, still $9 off.

thanks for the tip. Looks like they are not offering a MF that is as low as I was told on Edmunds.com forum. With the lower .00090 MF payment should be $417. I emailed them back to honor that MF. We’ll see what they say.

Just was at dealer in ny yesterday… terrible pricing
2020 ascent limited 7 passenger

That was your problem, you went to the stealership

1 Like

Wanted to test drive and see car in person.

2 Likes

Their slogan is “we will satisfy you.” So, how was the test drive?

Drive was pretty good , except for the fact that I told them I was interested in the limited or touring trim level and tested a premium base. Main reason for test drive was to see some of the safety features in action which was accomplished anyways.

1 Like

Subaru lease numbers are really bad these days and especially for Ascent.
It looks like you’re better off buying an Ascent rather than leasing.
I think Subaru will lose some loyal customers because of pricing , but Subaru doesn’t care. They still sell more cars than they have in stock and can’t keep up with demand.

Financially, it would make more sense to lease a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander or even Infinity QX60 or Acura MDX rather than Ascent.

1 Like

The most important thing is to be happy with your car…leasing a car just because it’s a “bargain” or “good deal” doesn’t make sense if you’re not happy everytime you start the engine.

I say this from experience having done it a couple times.

If the extra $50-100/month is breaking your budget, then consider a cheaper class of car or buy a used car.

[quote=“Iggbastic, post:1, topic:195960, full:true”] What should I do from here?

[/quote]

Look at the market place offers and get an XC90 instead.

I agree with getting a car you love and not one that’s just a good deal, but I HATE overpaying for something and getting ripped off. I had thought pricing would be similar and even cheaper than an Acura MDX with very similar MSRP… I wasn’t aware Subaru does not offer much in incentives. Manku,You think the quoted prices are good?

MSRP is often a very poor indicator of what a lease price will be.

I didn’t price the Ascent, but off the bat they look pretty bad…for a car in the low 40s, paying effectively $650+ is very high…you can get a $53K Q5 for less without much trouble. Also, reading the fine print is the $3500 total drive off including registration, fees etc?

I just got back into another Outback and am paying $100 more than my previous (2017) one…it does retail for $3000 more, so maybe it should be $30-50 more a month. However, the price I’m paying seems fair as no other dealer had any interest in beating, or even matching, it.

But it was easy, the dealership is great (in and out in 30 minutes), my salesperson gives me a great price off the bat (with the correct MF and no add ons). Plus the woman in finance didn’t even bring up any warranties or add ons.

Can you please share a picture of financial part of lease agreement?

I went to a local dealer and he gave outrageous numbers like Rent charge of $2,795 while it should be no more than 900 for this car

What is the buy rate MF?

I got an outback, which won’t do you much good. The 2800 is for 3 years, or about 900/year.

Go to Edmunds to get mf/residual.