Sub-$500/mo. 36/15k lease on luxury suv in midwest

Struggling to find a 36/15k lease deal (w/ 1st month, taxes, fees DAS) on an AWD luxury SUV in midwest. I’ve looked at Mercedes GLC350e, Volvo XC60, Acura MDX, BMW X3, and Mazda CX-5 (which I don’t consider a luxury SUV in the same class, but still very nice). Lowest lease payment I’ve gotten is $550/ month on Volvo xc60 inscription. Any thoughts of other makes, models that I should consider right now? Thanks!

What about a Jeep Grand Cherokee? My wife loved hers, and she is going back to one. Her lease was right at $500 for a 36/15k term in Indianapolis.

Have you talked to any of the several Volvo brokers here that are offering much lower prices?

Looked at Grand Cherokee Limited, but local dealers weren’t offering a very good deal.

As for Volvo, have a decent deal on a 2019 XC60 Inscription. Here are the lease details. Not sub-$500, but getting closer.

I don’t mean to be rude, but if you’re unable to get quotes on a CX-5 for less than $550, then I think a broker will save you a bunch of money. There have been a few good MDX deals that were posted.

I’ve set up two leases from Chicago area dealers, which beat pricing I was able to set up in WI. I think it’s good to buy local if they can give you a competitive price, but you need to always search a wide radius to find out what a good price is.

First step is to try to settle on a car. Have you driven all of these?

1 Like

I don’t mean to be rude, but the lease quote I just provided was for a Volvo XC60, not a Mazda CX-5 ;-). That being said, I looked at the CX-5, but would only be interested in the Signature model, and there aren’t any lease incentives on it at this time (at least none that I’m eligible for). Plus, it’s got a 52% residual. The MF is decent (.00085). All my searches have included Milwaukee and Chicago. Since the 2020s aren’t on the lot yet, I’ve found dealers aren’t willing to wheel and deal on these models (yet). If someone has found a CX-5 signature 36/15k lease with 1st month DAS for under $500/ month recently, I’d love to know about it.

I’ve driven all of these cars and don’t feel the need to settle on one as there are several that I’d be happy with if/ when the numbers work out. I especially love the Volvo XC60 & XC90 (Inception or R-design), but again, have yet to find a lease for 36/15k under $500/ mo. w/ 1st DAS. I’ve seen this on a 10k or 12k/ 36 with max MSDs, but that’s it thus far.

Thanks for everyone’s input thus far. I appreciate it :slight_smile:

I did not intend to be interpreted as snarky. You listed a bunch of options and said the lowest lease payment you’ve gotten is $550 on model x…I interpreted that literally, meaning all your other quotes on all other options were higher.

Looks like a low MSRP CX-5 signature with 9% off MSRP would get you to $500 month based on residual and MF stated including 5.5% sales tax.

1 Like

Cadillac XT5 Luxury AWD

I appreciate your input. :-).

Yes, I agree with your numbers and think a 9% discount is reasonable and doable; however, the dealers I’ve contacted thus far haven’t been willing to discount that much (at least, not that I’ve found). I’d be happy with that car… and am continuing to search. Numbers may be better on CX-9, and I’m open to that, too.

Thanks much!

1 Like

As @mberbic said, look at an XT5. I know they are trying to unload their 2019 demos right now. I am in Ohio and may have a dealership for you, if OH is close enough. They gave me a great deal on 2 XT5’s. PM for details.

1 Like

Looks like there are a minimum of 33 loaner/demo XT5’s within 100 miles of Chicago. @jjb77 - go to cargurus.com, enter the make/model you’re looking for and your zip and search radius. Then select Highest mileage first. Mileage ranges from 3,022 to 7,305.

Thanks! This is one SUV I haven’t driven. Will test drive over the weekend :blush:

For the rest of us, what % are you targeting off MSRP?

I’ve never had much luck with GM demos…

I picked up a 2019 CX9 GT 12k/36 for under $500/month with $0 out of pocket in MN last month. It’s a great vehicle, not in the same class as the luxury brands but nicely equipped and a lot of fun to drive.

350e should be a very good candidate as shown on this sub. Also the 2020 is getting a big refresh so you might be able go get some great discounts on the left '19

XC60 is also another good one if brokers can send cars your way. I’ve seen some bunker deal just unbelievable.