Hi guys, here is a current offer for a stinger gt base Awd. State is CT

Msrp: 43,545
Dealer discount: 2,703
Lease cash: 5,000
Final lease sale price: 35,840
Residual value: 54% (23k)
Money factor: .00224
Still working on the other few details

I have trade equity of 5k to reduce cap cost.

It looks like with my trade equity payments would be close to 400, without would be little over 500.

The discount looks reasonable, the residual is kind of average for what’s supposed to be a luxury car. The MF is insane for a kia.
It almost seems like a better dea to take the cash from the trade vs apply to to cap reduction with that MF, interest eats it up.

Any thoughts on this? Completely new to leasing and am enjoying this forum!

Thanks!

It’s never a good idea to apply any kind of cap cost reduction, whether it’s cash or trade. You are right that almost 6% interest on a Kia is nuts. If you look through this forum for other Stinger deals, you will see people getting higher MSRP models for less than you would be paying on yours in the very recent past. Go read through those threads, and see if you can replicate one of those deals.

2 Likes

If you think it is reasonable to pay for a $43K Kia the same monthly payment as a $10K more expensive 4 series in the link above then go a head.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Unfortunately the incentives are being lowered for the GT as it is outselling the 2.0 model. I am also looking at a fusion sport and preowned s3 but would consider a lease for that if it is under 500. No comparison to s3, overall quality of the Audi was better even preowned. I drive less than 10k a year usually

Uff da, that MF is rough.

1 Like

take out the trade equity and bump up to a GT2 and then you should be ok paying ~$500/mo

1 Like

This is a terrible lease value, I would recommend considering other rwd based sedans like the Lexus IS, Infiniti Q50, Mercedes C300, Alfa Romeo Giulia. You will get better value for your lease dollars with any one of these options.

2 Likes

What some other folks are doing is getting the lease for the lease cash and then buying it out by financing the sum of lease payments and the residual thru a credit union to save on the interest. But yes there are better deals to be found. If s3 can be had for under 500 would consider but either way I shouldn’t lose the equity on a lease. Maybe cash out option is available upon trade

I know you are in East coast but I honestly would pay for shipping and get his great deal on a Stinger GT competitor (with a higher MSRP), much better lease value (and arguably the better car):

You can take your trade-in to a local Carmax and just take the cash, you shouldn’t make a down payment for a lease anyway…

2 Likes