Stinger deal. Too good to be true?

Fyi, in these situations, it usually goes to whoever is first to sign the docs, not who drove the car first or expressed interest in it.

Theyā€™re being upfront with you so if they wanted to bait and switch theyā€™d have run credit and asked you to drive.

Iā€™m glad yā€™all are so optimistic. :slightly_smiling_face: I hope itā€™s all true and that the other buyer gets the GT instead.

I should have mentioned this in my original post. The reason why I suspected a bait and switch is because there are a couple reviews online for this dealer where they got the bait and switch.

So far every other dealer Iā€™ve contacted has barely come down in price. You would think they would want to get rid of 90+ day old inventory. One quoted me $31k AFTER incentives. :smile:

Stay optimistic but donā€™t let your guard down. :crossed_fingers:

Bait and switch usually involves getting someone in the door.

It takes advantage of someone having ā€œinvestedā€ their time and effort to get there, and have internally high expectations of leaving the dealership with their new car

1 Like

@KamelKar - Any update? Did you end up getting the car?

Dealer sent over lease contract and monthly is actually $317 due to tax not being included in original numbers. Iā€™m still quite happy with that. Everything else stays the same.

Dealer offered to deliver the car for free and as they were having it detailed they noticed a small but deep ding they needed to fix before delivery. I was sent a pic and itā€™s about the size of a dime if not smaller but down to the metal so it requires paint.

Car is now scheduled to be delivered this Monday. Iā€™ll be sure to inspect it closely along with the paperwork and provide an update.

5 Likes

I can see the monthly sales tax of $8.97 in the original quote.

You didnā€™t ask for additional discount for the repaint and stuff?

Glad to hear everything worked out. The car was brand new, correct?

Why does he have to renegotiate over a tiny ding that theyā€™re fixing prior to delivery?

2 Likes

Car is brand new. 22 miles on the odo

1 Like

Yeah, not renegotiating for the ding. I feel like Iā€™m getting a great deal already, donā€™t want to push it.

1 Like

Not full renegotiateā€¦they marked up the price $10/month even though tax was included in the original quote. May try to get them to throw some freebiesā€¦

Maybeā€¦ or maybe theyā€™ll reconsider this car now currently under negotiation as ā€œunsoldā€ and sell it to the next guy who walks in.

Car was delivered today!! The repair and paint work is top notch. Final numbers all checked out. $317/mo, $0 DAS (only paid the first month up front). I had originally stated it would be $308/mo, but after looking at the numbers that original quote had the residual at 43% when it is actually 42%, so $317 is correct. I still cant believe I was able to score this deal and it would not have been possible without this forum. Thank you all!!

9 Likes

Please post the full details in the Shared Deals subsection

Congrats!

2 Likes

Wow. You were right about bait and switch. Thanks for the post. Now i know what to look for when i start my stinger negotiating . I too will be looking to lease a 2019. Thanks for all your feedback in advance

Wow. I just saw your New ride. Congratā€¦ they. Followed Through . Drive safe !

You should make sure to send a donation to the site owner for helping you save so much money! This site wouldnā€™t be available to us all without everyoneā€™s financial support

Even though it is kia

Car looks nice and you got a great deal!

A year ago, the stingers were like Gods gift to earth and selling at or above msrp

Also a kia dealer who does not seem sleazy? i am shocked!

2 Likes