Starting my search for Outback 3.6

Hi all,

I am starting to shop around for best deal I can get on a 2017 Outback 3.6 limited. I’ve never leased before. When reaching out to different dealerships what is the info Shoukd ask for to figure out what is the best deal? I’m looking for 3 years/30k miles.

I should ask dealership for?

Selling Price
Incentives or Rebates
Residual Value
Do I ask MF or just figure out myself?

Thanks!

Mike

Paging Dr @Ursus … STAT

@mike56678 Not sure which Outback you want, but start here:

MF is not bad and RV is great. I suggest you shoot for at least $1,500 under invoice, but it depends on supply.
36/10 3.6 Limited: .00070 MF and 65% residual

Thanks for the link. I found this from June 5th for a 2017 3.6 36m/10k:
00070 MF and 65% residual

Question, if i get the MSRP and actual selling price from the dealer can i figure out where on the spectrum it Iies between good deal and bad deal. Do i need more of a breakdown of the numbers. I feel like such a noob. I am horrible at math and don’t want to get taken to the cleaners. Appreciate the help.

You don’t really need anything else once you get the selling price. Just make sure selling price includes freight. Then plug everything in the calculator to see your payments (http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/ - this one is easy to use to give you idea). After that you can request breakdown of everything else due at signing.
On MSRP $38,361, selling price $34,000 (~$1,500 under invoice), $0 down - your payment should be $293/mo + tax and everything else due at signing

Got my first offer which i think is good, still waiting for more,

Here is the info i have:

2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight, Navigation System, High Beam Assist, and Reverse Auto Braking | HDK-23

Sale price - $34,716
$375.10 Monthly Payment (Tax Incl.)
Due at Signing
$375.10 1st Month
$273.15 Tags & Registration
$ 5.00 Upfront Tax
$653.25 Total Due at

How should I figure out if this is a good deal? Really appreciate it.

MSRP? Tax rate? On full price or on leased portion?

Sorry, lease w/ 36m/10k miles per year. Should i ask the dealer those other questions… msrp and tax?

Of course you need to know the MSRP. Do you know your state’s car sales tax? Where are you located?

Since someone mentioned Dr. @Ursus, I’d like to take chance to ask how to have good selling price in dealer.

I’m interested in 17 outback limited with eye-sight and pp#5, and I was referred to edmunds as well and learned information below:

MF: 0.00075
RV: 64% (12k miles/y), 62% (15k miles/y)
MSRP: $35967

I think RV is fixed at least before July 5th, and MF is not that bad compared with previous, so the only thing is to reduce selling price and eliminate unnecessary fee such as VIN etching and make sure necessary fee is reasonable.

I also quoted the price in Grand Subaru @IL, actually the selling price is nice, but they don’t provide out of state lease. And all dealers in CT do not want to play with that price even I count shipping fee from IL in.

Not good timing to negotiate yet?
Is there any good idea or dealer from NY?
Any suggestion is welcome, thank you!!

Dr. Ursus? Please…

I think now is a good time to get a Subaru. Like I said before, MF is good and RV is high. Outback inventory also seems to be high. If you don’t mind picking up or ship from DC area, I can give you my dealer info. They have 37 Limited w/eyesight.

1 Like

Got all the numbers. I live in PA, 6% tax.

MRSP - 38172
Sales price - 34609
Fees - 273.15 ($138 Doc, 41 registration, 28 license, 51 title, 15.15 online)
Interest 2.16
36m/10k

Upfront
1st month and tax/fees
$653.29

Thoughts?

My payments are $375 all in.

You are getting about $750 under invoice. You should get at least another $750 off, but I would try for extra $1,250 off (~$2,000 total under invoice) for the selling price of $33,360

Thanks Ursus. How would I figure out if I am under 1% rule?

You are already, but it’s not good enough deal, IMO. 1% from $38,172 = $381 and your quote is $375/mo

Should be 1.68% (MF 0.0007)

Thanks Ursus, DC is a little bit far from me.:disappointed:
Just move to here without credit and first lease, I believe it might need to show up some proof/doc for lease.

Stohlman subaru has exactly 37 limited with eyesight :sunglasses:
Internet price is closed to selling price in CT already.

Their selling price is invoice and it should not be your buying price.

Yes, the selling price provided by CT dealer via e-mail / phone is almost same as “Internet price” in Stohlman@website, so “Stohlman price/selling price” should be less in VA.

Even in last Saturday of June. :disappointed_relieved:

So you think IL is closer to you than DC? :slight_smile: