SQ5 lease deals in the Chicagoland area? Is $835/month too much for a SQ5 Premium-Plus lease?

, ,

Not sure if 550 is possible without major dealer discount and usage of MSDs.

835 is atrocious though. What was selling price? I’m willing to bet they did not discount the car at those rates.

1 Like

If you tell me the zip code you’re registering this vehicle at. I can run some numbers myself to try to beat these deals, if you’re interested.

1 Like

Can’t remember exactly, but was ~$59,xxx. Yea, I thought $835 was pretty steep!

@Cars4Us Please PM users these request. We don’t need to see all your soliciting posts.

3 Likes

Waiting on admin to manually fix something then I’ll keep it in the DMs😬 ty

For reference

2 Likes

No, that’s not really a reference. It’s a months old deal, hundreds of miles away. That deal will not be replicated

Fletcher Jones is going to be the most aggressive - with that said I dont think youll be able to get this under $600/Mo in Chicago but :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

He posted yesterday saying it was a deal made in the last month…

Oops missed that. But either way, showing up to a dealer in chicago saying “match this deal from Maryland” is a surefire way to be laughed outta the dealership.

They actually gave me that quote :dizzy_face:

No doubt, but having data points to give some context of what’s been achieved is always good to have

Again, this is a fundamental flaw with many users here. They see one amazing, ridiculous deal somewhere in the US, and expect the same deal at the same time. Nothing is impossible, but expectations here need to be curbed big time. The above quote is atrocious, I agree, but getting a deal in the low 500s is an anomaly

Absolutely. That’s what this site is all about. What is an anomaly at large is not necessarily so here. That’s the point :slight_smile:

IMO…Practically every deal that someone achieves is replicable. That doesn’t mean it can be replicated on the same day/same time, same exact car, etc. but with enough time and effort one finds that there are very few deals that are made in a vacuum.

@bobbystitt7 as you have seen from my post that others have linked in response to your question, $835/mo is very high.

I leveraged all five nearby dealers and it being the end of the month and end of the quarter to get these two deals. If you can wait until the end of the third quarter, your negotiations will benefit from their trying to make a deal before it ends.

Other than timing, I strongly suggest you DO NOT visit any dealers in person in hopes of getting a deal. Emailing all the nearby dealers is your best approach. Don’t talk to them on the phone either. Tell them exactly what you are looking for including the stock #, mileage per year, lease length, and whether you plan to put anything down besides tax/tags/fees. Once they make an offer, counter at a discount off MSRP higher than you hope to achieve (I asked for 17% and got 14% on two vehicles). Don’t hesitate to share with one dealer that you are talking to other dealers and that they have offered you better terms.

1 Like

SQ5s have not been leasing as well this month as well as they have been in previous months. Realistically, if you register the car in Cook County, you aren’t going to see much bellow $700. That being said, 12% before rebates is definitely doable and as @ralphsaphony mentioned, Fletcher Jones tends to be the most aggressive. I would ask for quotes from Westmont and the Exchange then take it to FJ to see if they can beat it.

1 Like

On a $59K MSRP I would not settle for higher than $600 mo but I know Chicago taxes are insane. To understand the factors that go into a monthly cost you need to make some choices around what you are willing to pay upfront for the fees and how much you can or can’t put into MSDs.

1 Like

Thanks @Muwa! Any insight on Morton Grove Audi?

Thanks @Siejammy. Sorry for my ignorance, what is “MSDs”?

Thanks! Will take that advice!