Sports Sedans that Lease the Best?

What monthly payment are you basing the RS3 on? I don’t think you could get the following cars on your list for less than an RS3.

Audi S6
Lexus GS F
MB C63
MB SL450
BMW i8
Acura NSX

This is all based on Honckr prices. S6, GS F, C63 SL450 were all about the same. NSX and i8 aren’t on Honckr but I believe I’ve seen people here hit right around 1k or just above on those.

Nah on the i8 and NSX. They used to be cheaper before but I don’t think you can hack either of those cars under 1300, maybe not even under 1500.

What’s the RS3 go for on a lease, 800?

I see your point though, it’s a really bad lease.

Oh man it’s worse than I thought, $1k was for a 48 month lease!! The lowest I see is $1088 with $2917 due at signing but on a 48 month!! On a standard 36 mo lease it jumps to $1205 with $3k due at signing.

These are honcker prices and you could probably do better, but damn.

On my local BMW dealer’s website, there’s a section labeled “Retired Loaner Vehicles and BMW Executive Demo Vehicles.” There are plenty of 2018 models with prices and <5K miles, but it’s not readily apparent that they’re available to lease. Looks like they’re just for financing. My question: do I start negotiating price until I nail that down and indicate AFTERWARD that I want to lease, or do I say that I’m looking to lease one right from the start. This conversation would obviously take place via email. Thanks!

@Jon, please don’t lock this. The answer cannot be found above.

although Audi’s generally don’t lease well, the leases on an S4 aren’t too bad if you find a volume dealer. Also, Audi allows MSDs which help.

in terms of best horsepower/bang for your buck, I think the Infiniti Q50 red sport tops the list.

1 Like

Thanks for the input, @mikem

My two cents based on my limited leasing experience: I was upfront and told them I wanted to lease the car I was inquiring about. Most dealerships will then throw the monthly payments in your face (“Oh we can do it for only $xxx/month-how does that sound?”) but I stayed focus on the actual selling price of the car and getting the discount as big as I could get it. This also ensured that I knew what the MF was to ensure I was being offered buy rate MF along with the discount.

My personal thought process was that I didn’t want to spend the time to negotiate on a car only for them to tell me “oh this deal is only good if you’re financing, blah blah blah” if I revealed after the negotiations that I wanted to lease. Obviously, I’m not a salesperson, so I don’t know if that does actually happen but who knows. Like I said, just my two cents on this whole thing.

2 Likes

don’t negotiate at the dealer, email or phone only. And don’t be shy about what you know about incentives, MF etc, if the dealer knows your educated, they will be less likely to jack you around. if they know your shopping they will be aggressive.

4 Likes

@jamiemose, that’s really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

1 Like

No problem, also forget to add it but @joeblogs covered it - email or phone negotiation only! They’ll push and push for you to just “come in and see the car” but stay firm and only go in when you have the deal you want to sign the papers.

@jamiemose, right. Fortunately, I have 10 BMW dealers within a 30-mile radius, so there’s certainly competition. I’m not captive to any one of them.

Ah, perfect! Take full advantage of that while shopping around quotes - challenge them to beat other dealerships. I personally didn’t name the other dealerships while I was shopping, but just said “Can you beat x% off MSRP?”, etc. Up to you how you want to negotiate that, though!

Yeah, I’m not going to name them in case they have some kind of implied non-compete agreement, but I’m certainly going to play them off each other!

1 Like

Depending on the state, that might be illegal for independent dealerships to come together to set minimum prices (colluding). However, I’m pretty sure if ALL of the dealers in your area are owned by a single entity like Autonation or Sonic, they can technically do that.

That’s when you see those no haggle/negotiation prices because it is set by corporate.

@Supakimchee, I hope that’s not the case, because the listed prices certainly need to be haggled!

If you have 10 BMW dealerships that close together, I’m gonna guess they’re not a part of one dealer chain. You should be able to have them compete for your business.

Yeah, and you’d think that if they were affiliated, their websites would represent aggregate inventory. Or least appear to be similar.

I want to add one more thing to @joeblogs and @jamiemose points: if a dealer doesn’t want to negotiate over email with you and you’ve represented yourself as ready to buy, move onto the next. Not worth the time and hassle especially with 10 dealers.

I’d also recommend doing some searches here on variations of “hackr process.” There have been some good posts by some of us who share what has worked for us getting hackr deals in the past. Each of us has our own style and you may need to try a few different variations to see what works for you.

Good luck!

1 Like

I would keep an eye out for cadillacs ATS v and Cadillac CTS v sport or v lease deals coming unless you don’t want rear wheel drive…

Cadillac will be moving the metal this year with tremendous incentives…on these two vehicles.,

It should be in the next month or two I feel you could wait…

Excellent performance vehicles in v sport or v trim…

2 Likes