23 Nissan Ariya Evolve+ AWD "No Loyalty" Deal & Review [NNJ Only]

Congrats and best of luck!

1 Like

Has this been confirmed, that the dealer cash increased to $2k?

I did not ask.
Got the deal $276/m with $276 DAS and picking up tomorrow.
I will have contract tomorrow so i can confirm.

2 Likes

Review coming later tonight.

8 Likes

Where is this? Anywhere near Syracuse?

This is is available if anyone interested. Not far from Syracuse.

I’d do it tonight if it was real. Doesn’t make sense how PA residents get quoted $600/m while NJ or NY which is an hour from me is half the price. I’m only seeing an extra few thousand in rebates or no tax in NJ. The numbers don’t add up to make the monthly half.

Just spoke to a MD dealer who had a color combo I wanted. Was quoted $550/m at 36/10k.

An extra few thousand makes a big difference when it’s only 18 months. $3,865/18 = $215/mo, not including the rent charge savings on a lower cap cost.

1 Like

This morning I took delivery of a new 2023 Nissan Ariya Evolve+ AWD and immediately embarked on a 360-mile trip from PA to NJ to VT.

What I like about the Ariya.

Super smooth, comfortable ride.
Good power at highway speeds and good grip in wet conditions.
A very functional and modern interior. Looks sharp.
A real sunroof that opens and closes.
ProAssist (basic) is fantastic. No eye monitoring.
The hidden middle console (snack draw) is alot of fun.
Teenager had no complaints with second row.
Fit all our gear, but just barely.
Very east to drive w/o jerkyness. Can glide intuitively.
Good regenerative braking / one-pedal performance with e-stop plus and B mode
Lots of places to store and charge phones.
Virtual analog gauge dashboard meter view is pretty cool looking.
Walk away lock and open with proximity work well.

What I didn’t like about the Ariya:

Battery melting range loss when driven aggressively.
aka The only way to get the range is to drive 60mph.
aka Range is BS. My efficiency average was 2.7 miles/kw
aka I only got 174 miles from 15% to 85%
Disappointing DCFC speed. Got 90K at Albany EA, 40 mins to get from 15% to 83%
Not the best software and UI. Very hard to plan routes w/ Nissan system.
Narrow seats, not enough lumbar or thigh support
OEM Dunlop tires are loud. Cabin needs more sound dampening.
Behavior of brake pedal is odd. Close pedals.
No phone as key, app is pretty basic overall.

Overall, it’s a serious contender against the Model Y. It gets right many of the things that bother first time EV drivers and would be great where range under 200 miles is sufficient. I also looked at VW ID.4 Pro AWD, and the fit and finish of the Nissan was much better. The Hyundai Ioniq 5 or Ioniq 6 are both probably better EVs, but the style of the Hyundai’s is difficult for some. It has no business being compared to a BMW IX, the experience is worlds apart, and even an I4 is a punching class above it. In the end, I think it’s a good value in the $300/mo range, or less, especially on a short-term lease, a price point which the Model Y cannot compete.

Also, the free wallbox connector is for real. Here is my pricing for the Pulsar Plus 48A.

13 Likes

Now if only ChargeUp NJ was funded this month. These would be flying off the shelves.

1 Like

Thanks for the datapoints and motivation. Was able to sign on two similar deals in the northeast.

Got an Evolve for $236/m sign and drive and a Platinum+ for $220/m.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, where in the northeast (if you’re willing to share)? I’ve been trying to get close to these numbers and haven’t been able to get there yet in Massachusetts.

1 Like

I believe the lease on charge up would need to be a minimum of 36M to qualify for the rebate

1 Like

In addition to the term requirement, the Evo+ and Platinum trims are both over the ChargeUp MSRP limit, and very few dealers in NJ, as required by the program, would get anywhere close to this deal. Would not have really helped. Happy enough with no sales tax.

In-state dealers will just reduce their discount and pocket most of it :person_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’ve just started hunting for one in CT.

CT State rebate program ($2250 off at POS) is only eligible for models with an MSRP under $50k, and has to be leased through an in-state dealer.

For the Ariya, that is only
Engage FWD
Engage e-4orce AWD
Venture+ FWD

Those models are not easy to find, and there aren’t a lot of volume dealers in CT.

The marketplace deals on the Evolve+ e-4orce models look tempting, and that trim is nice, so I may land there anyway. Still have to find a dealer who will talk to me though.

Look north for $360/m 18/10 engage awd unit
All in. Check if Your zip code receives special 18 month Nissan incentives.

Impressed with Ariya’s capability in bad weather and rough road conditions, so far.

The not as common grey interior. More off-white then grey,

2 Likes

Just picked up one for my sister
Registration zip code 11554

2 Likes

LOL now after pick up we are leaving VT and heading to NY long Island. What a mess. 240 miles trip

1 Like