Sell to Carshop

, ,

i was in mt holly

Very bad experience here…

pretty much your local bait and switch.

What happened?

Which branch ? And vehicle

Sold one to Carshop recently. Had to go in for a physical appraisal and they were somehow able to find equity in my 6 month old 90% RV Nissan Leaf lease that I paid over MSRP for.

2 Likes

I just got a solid offer from car shop but have to go down to Monmouth junction and who knows if they will stick to their offer.

Follow up….don’t waste your time with carshop in Monmouth junction NJ. Offer when I brought the car in was 6k below their low end estimate. What a waste of time.

3 Likes

Yep… confirmed price with me over the phone… drove there completely switched it.

I said you are making me drive pretty far, just want to make sure you honor your price. They did not long story short.

2 Likes

Just noticed that the AZ loaction is now permanitly closed. Not sure it it is a location thing or they are just closing all of them.

1 Like

I’ve had numerous positive experiences with my local CarShop as have family members. Even got to know the primary buyer at the store. Is there really any point to closing this thread? Let the reviews bad and good continue…

5 Likes

I 2nd this. I also sold to the Monmouth Junction store and everything went smooth. They’re a good 45-1hr drive away from me too and they honored the price after conducting their inspection .

Keep the thread open for all reviews.

4 Likes

I had a terrible experience with these people. Only phone thankfully, but it ended with the outmatched phone rep calling me a “fucking asshole.”

Was she right? Probably! Did I leverage my recording of the phone call into a new Defender at invoice at another Penkse store? Abso-freakin’-lutely. We love a one-party consent state, always.

7 Likes

In a further follow up just sold the vehicle to DHC Honda in Paramus for 6k more than the car shop offer.

Guess I should have tried them before driving an hour plus. They are 10 minutes from my house

1 Like

Solid experience with them on two transactions. Only thing to reiterate is they wait to get the title to cut the check (like a lot of other dealers do)

I would also recommend reverting back to the thread title chosen by the OP.

2 Likes

They have my Nissan Leaf listed for $6k less than they paid me for it 5 months ago :joy:

What call recording app do you use?

I use a service not an app.

Which?

Whatever mobile co that allows recording in your state.