Sold One via AutoCompanion

Of course, @AutoCompanion has an existing and extensive review thread, as a seller, here but I did not see any thread setup to provide feedback for their new car buying service

I recently used this service to quote multiple vehicles. Upon submission of the request form, I was redirected to a LeaseCompanion dealer partner, a well known larger dealer, who handled all further negotiating and logistics. It took a day or two for initial contact to establish, but after that, the dealer was easy to communicate with via email and facetime. They made an offer on 3 of my vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S (lien held by credit union)
2022 Tesla Model Y (no lien)
2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (lease buyout from GMF)

With the exception of the Model S, where they opened strong, they usually start with a low offer, but when I countered with the “best offer” I had in hand, even one a “bit flimsy,” they beat it. For 2 vehicles, the final offer was over MMR (wholesale), and in the third case they offered $500 more then anyone else. Their ability to buyout GMF leases is a big benefit.

After agreeing to each offer, I had to do a short facetime call, to show them the vehicle condition, mileage and VIN. They still use an entirely paper based process, which requires notary signatures, thus it takes a few days to pass paperwork back and forth. First they send a document package, including the equity checks. Then you return the documents, in a provided FedEx overnight envelope. When everything is in order, they activate the checks and schedule pickup.

Here is how the process has worked out for my complex transaction;
6/23 Made first contact via submission form
6/28 Accepted offers on 2 vehicles
7/1 Paperwork arrived for 2 vehicles
7/4 Accepted offer on 3rd vehicle
7/7 Paperwork arrived for 3rd vehicle
7/9 Credit union lien paid off
7/11 All paperwork returned
7/14 GM Financial Lease Paid Off
7/16 All checks cleared
7/21 Contacted by shipping broker for dealer.
7/27 Pickup completed.

8 Likes

Yikes. LeaseHackrs love haggling and games.

1 Like

How do we find the MMR? Is there any website where we can look it up? Thank you!

MMR access is restricted to those with a dealer license, however, a few members on this forum will often share some data if you ask nicely.

4 Likes

what a stunning and brave observation

1 Like

It’s not too hard to get offers from Carvana, etc and if they are willing to beat it, good for leasehackrs.

Hardly a ‘haggle’ in my books.

@z0lt3c Thanks for sharing this tip!

1 Like

Yeah, I told them that their offer is exactly as what Carmax offered. They said they will beat it.

1 Like

Adding another data point -

Initial contact was a little over a day later. Offered low but beat what I had accepted to sell my Model 3 at from GMTV. Offered more when I declined again.

The main reason I didn’t end up moving forward was just timing. Next time, I might just start this process sooner :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Forgot to post my review earlier.

Sold my Traverse to LCs dealer. Beat my highest offer by $600. Was picked up too for free on their dime. Process took about a week for getting paperwork, notarizing and returning. Paperwork included check but was not activated until payoff check cleared and bank mailed title to dealer. Overall was worth it to me for not having to leave my home. Add on the fact that LC doesn’t charge a broker fee to sell your car.

4 Likes

@AutoCompanion was by far the best option to sell my Wrangler 4xe. Beat all other offers, super easy process and great people to work with at their dealer. https://www.leasecompanion.com/buymylease

I wanted to do a deal after I had my lease for 90 days and the team at their dealer was happy to get it locked in a week prior and date for the day I wanted it to process.

They beat the GMTV offer, I did a FaceTime on 6/7, had paperwork (with an equity check that would be loaded after closing) 6/9, signed and returned to them on 13th. Car picked up on 14th, check deposited today 6/17.

I had them give me a quote on my Explorer which we’re unloading in a month or two and they were the highest of any of the other dealers or websites.

I walked with almost 8k of equity. Highly recommend if you have a car to sell

3 Likes

Does LC only purchase vehicles on the east coast?

We do nationwide!

leasecompanion.com/buymylease

1 Like

Updates moved to first post.

1 Like

LeaseCompanion Buy My Lease Program

We offer top dollar for the following brands.

Ally Leases, Jeep, Dodge, RAM, Chrysler, GMC, Toyota, Tesla, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Chevy, Buick, & Ford

Unlike other brokers in the Northeast our network buyer does not wholesale your lease buyout and skim a hefty cut.

Most if not all the leases buy outs we acquire are retailed thus cutting out the middleman and putting more in your pocket.

Get a payday or put the equity towards your new deal!

See us mentioned below

Submit below :point_down:

LeaseCompanion.com/buymylease

2 Likes

@AutoCompanion can you buy if there is less than 30 days left on the lease? (Chrysler Capital)

You buy cars too?