Has anyone sold to Whipflip.com?

, ,

Please share Your experience.

I just got a quote from www.whipflip.com
It is $6k more than Algo or Driveway. Is this serious offer or they play games?
Do they buy leased cars?

I put in a 4xe and it said a member of their team will contact me soon but…It didn’t ask me to put any personal information in so there is no way they could possibly contact me lol. Social media presence is missing too. I wouldn’t take that quote seriously

I have no idea how long “whipflip” has been in business, but i can surely assume that with a company named whipflip, we are literally at rhe last innings of the final game.

2 Likes

This outfit is local to me in Delaware. I got a quote from them last summer. I got an online quote and it was about $800 under Carvana. WHIPFLIP contacted me to see if I wanted to proceed and I said no as Carvana was higher. WHIPFLIP said if I stopped by their location they could take a look and see if they could beat Carvana. They were located 2 blocks from my office so I swung by and the guy took a look and said he could come up $300 and I said no thanks and sold it to Carvana.

1 Like

LOL at the name.

whip

3 Likes

I wouldn’t consider them local to Delaware, just one of the thousands of business that keep a closet sized office in downtown Wilmington for tax purposes.

No. It’s is local to Delaware. The guy who runs and owns it is a life long resident of Delaware. The office I went to at the downtown waterfront was probably 2,000 sq ft.

2 Likes

WhipFlip reached out to me today and offered $600 more than Carvana for my leased '21 Forester. Considering moving forward, though curious if anyone else has any other experiences with WhipFlip.

Also, this interview with their CEO might be interesting to some (he is formerly from WeBuyAnyCar):

1 Like

Quick update. I decided to proceed with selling my leased Subaru Forester to WhipFlip. They appear to be a young company that is relatively new in this space, so the areas they serve may be somewhat limited at the moment. I am located in Ohio.

I initially received an automated quote online/via e-mail from WhipFlip a couple weeks ago that was less than the competition. On the same day I was going to sell to Carvana, a WhipFlip rep contacted me with a higher offer that included having someone come out the same day to purchase the car and provide me with a check for my positive equity on the spot. After some back and forth, they quickly confirmed the third party lease buyout amount as well as the positive equity that I would receive. However things got a little confusing as they realized their closest WhipFlip rep was located a couple hours away out of state (in Pennsylvania). They were prepared to arrange to buy the car remotely, but decided to send their rep out in the end.

He showed up within about 2 hours. He was wearing a WhipFlip uniform, driving an unmarked car. He had a tablet, mobile phone, and check printer. The process went pretty much as expected…he took photos of the car and looked it over extensively. He took it for a test drive to verify no issues driving it. The only problem was cellular connectivity at my house is spotty and that delayed the process quite a bit as he was working through technical issues uploading photos/videos, downloading paperwork, etc.

This particular rep didn’t seem to have much experience buying leased vehicles. He wanted me to provide a buyout quote (which I did not have since this was a third party buyout, and my private party buyout would have included sales tax). I called Subaru Motors Finance (Chase) with him on the phone, and we were able to have them fax a third party buyout packet to me. Chase can only mail or fax this packet…they had no option to send it via e-mail. The WhipFlip rep did not have a fax number available for this. Fortunately I had an electronic fax number, and when I received the packet, I was able to print and provide the paperwork that Chase and WhipFlip needed to proceed.

All WhipFlip paperwork was signed electronically on the tablet and sent to me electronically via e-mail. I was provided with a check that was printed via portable printer on the spot. The WhipFlip rep took one car key, and put the other car key in a lock box under the car. The car was parked in my driveway and locked, and I was told that a transporter will come to pick it up within 1-3 days. No need for me to be home since they can get the key out of the lockbox and take it from there.

Overall, the process was a little bumpy. But it all worked out in the end, and WhipFlip seems to be focused on providing same day purchase services. I would rate it much better than Vroom, but not as smooth as Carvana. Bottom line, if you get a good offer from WhipFlip (and it seems like offers can be negotiated a bit with them based on other competitive offers), I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a chance. The more competition in this field, the better for everyone.

6 Likes

Just got an offer for 58k on a 59k MSRP ‘22 sahara 4xe in the midwest

I told him I accept and will update with details

Edit: Update came quick. Had me send pics of the car, my license, sent him my address, name, everything

He comes back an hour later and said their retailer who buys from them doesn’t want anymore 4xe’s, so the offer is no good anymore

2 Likes

How did you get an offer? If I put a sahara 4xe in their estimator I get this.

1 Like

No idea, someone emailed me after that

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

I tried selling with a released title to them. Initially they said yes, but later denied accepting released title.

1 Like

I got the same message. Funniest part is that it doesn’t ask for any contact info. So how is rep contacting me?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.