Sold one to Shift.com

My very first post on LH, So please be kind. I know this entire forum is dedicated to leasing and/or selling cars that were on leased but can the community help me out over here for my scenario?

I have a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/Honda Sensing. Current Mileage: 27900
Purchased on Finance May 2016. (fully paid off now OG Price 23.4K)

Looking to own a very first lease with the help of this community but everywhere I look, the market condition is way too hot.

Anyhow - my main query, I am getting offers as follows:
Vroom : $15000
Carmax: $18,400
Carvana: $14,900
Algo: Does not support California
Shift: $20,000

I am expecting a slight deprecation on the amount when they physically come to inspect my car of about - $500. (slight scuffs )

Should I sell my car? I have nothing lined up yet but I also don’t want to lose such great value from Shift. Do you think I would be able to retain my value sans -1000$ if i decide to sell it after 3-4 months and get into the market when its slightly better?

Thanks - Apologies for the long post.

$20k seems like super strong money. I’d take it.

1 Like

Look at the Acura TLX and the Volvo S60; $20k will cover many years of lease payments if you get the right deal.

So 20k for a civic with an original msrp of 23.2k?
No question, take the money.

I got 16.3k from what I was being offered 12k the max everywhere for. Sold the 2017 outlander in a heart beat. Pretty seamless transaction with next day pick up.

I sold my Honda Clarity Touring to shift.com and made $5k. Nine months left on lease and they paid that too. They paid $22,800 for it and I owed $17,800. Shift put for sale for $25,600 and sold it for $23,850. It took two weeks to sell. I didn’t care since I got paid. Easy process. I say sell to shift while used car market is high/hot before it gets back to normal.

1 Like

Reading all the horror stories for Vroom, I went with Shift, so here’s my story!

2018 Honda Accord 1.5T, lease last payment 5/18
Maturity date: 6/18
6/7 - got quotes from Carvana, CarMax, Shift , Vroom
Shift was the highest with Vroom close 2nd
Decided to go with Shift after reading here
6/8 scheduled inspection and possible buyout, but Shift called me last minute and told me they can’t make it since they are severely understaffed, reschedule for 6/9
6/9- Shift guy comes on time (actually a little before) inspects the car, original offer was 20900 but they took $150 off since there was a small chip on front bumper that I didn’t care getting fixed
Shift does offer extra $200 if you decide to sell the car the same day and accept offer right away
So $150 evens out with $200. All the papers and offer details are done on the iPad, the only thing I had to manually sign was POA and look at the breakdown of the deal. My personal payoff was $14400 from Honda and 3rd party payoff was $14800 (they got this figure by contacting Honda)
Signed everything and whole process took an hour. I entered my bank info for profit and they drove off the car! Great experience and would do it again!!!

We can start a conversation here to help others to decide where they can profit most!

1 Like

FYI, All the “SOLD one to XXX” are in ‘Share a deal’ section. See if you move your thread to that section as well or mods can help with that.

Sold one to Shift!

Shift’s Offer $20,000.00
Loan payoff -$14,663.78
Pickup Credit +$200.00
Your earnings $5,536.22

Tried all the usual suspects. Carmax was originally $20,000 but in the last couple weeks that dropped to $19,000. Enterprise Car Sales offered $19,691 but I didn’t want to wait for the long process. Tried Vroom, Carana, ALGO, GiveMeTheVin, etc and all had offers in the $18,000s.

Sold my 2019 Honda Civic Lx Sedan I leased in 2019. I put down $1000 at signing, paid about $6500 in payments over the last 30 months, and get $5500 back from the sale. Crazy times.

Anyway, other than rescheduling the initial appointment, the process of selling to Shift was seamless and easy. Would recommend them if it’s an option where you are!

2 Likes

How long does enterprise car sales take with selling your car? I am planning to sell my car to them, hopefully its not as time consuming as vroom

I filled out the online form which just gave a bluebook range estimate then booked an appointment for the next day. I took the car down there and got the offer of $19,691 although the mid range of their estimate was $20,700. If I had proceeded they would have taken the car and the payment would have been received in about two weeks. Not terrible but Shifts offer was higher and they turn around in about 4 or 5 days.

I had ~6 months left on my lease (2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/ ~23k miles) and decided to pull the trigger yesterday while the market is still hot.

Shift’s Offer: $26,100.00
Lease payoff: -$20,850
Credit/Deductions: $200 (-$200 for a scratch on the rear bumper)
Total earnings: $5,250

I live near one of the facilities so I decided to take it in personally and the whole process took ~45 minutes including inspection, paperwork, and final check for my belongings. Just got an email confirmation a few hours ago that all final inspections had been completed and the funds would be transferred within 3-5 days, bank already has a pending ACH. All in all this was a very easy process and would definitely recommend selling to Shift.

3 Likes

Hello Hackrs,

This is not a lease deal but sold my prior lease, 2018 Accord EX-L (1.5T), to shift.com last week. Would like to share it here as it’s really smooth!

I got quotes from carvana, carmax and shift. Initial offer from shift ($27,xxx, forgot detailed number) was the best but I was not able to secure my next lease on time. After signing my new lease (Honda Pilot SE AWD, posted separately), quoted again but then carmax offer was the best:
Carmax: $26,800
Carvana: $24,xxx (forgot)
Shift: $26,300

Shift was willing to match the offer from Carmax, so sold to Shift.com because they come to me (if selling to Carmax, I have to drive to their site and take Uber home), and there is extra $100 Amazon gift card from Shift for referral (referred by a friend).
It was really easy. Two guys came at the scheduled time. They did some simple inspection, followed by some paperwork. I received the money in my back account 2 days later. (provided my account info when doing the paperwork). The Amazon gift card came around the same time.

Thanks to the chip shortage (or inflation?), I got $8,xxx back from the lease, which means I spent ~4,xxx for driving the Accord for 2.5 years. Wow!

Btw, for the referral, I didn’t get the offer by referring, but quoted on shift.com directly; at the appointment, I provided referral info (friend name and email address) and turned out it worked. Please DM for referral info if in case you want to sell to shift (we both get gift cards) and thanks for reading!

Just sold my 2016 GTI s DSG with 61k miles for a little under 19k. Was surprised by their inspection, they took their time going over the car and even did a quick test drive. Carvana was easier and got a check on the day of pickup, but their offer was not as good. Still a good experience.

I’m going to sell my car to SHIFT soon because their offer is currently the best. I’m looking for the referral link so it’ll yield $100 Amazon gift card for both of us.

Thank you.

1 Like

You can use my link to get $100 Amazon gift. Thanks

Here is my experience. Shift told me they won’t take leased cars from Ally. So, I was trying hard with Vroom and Autonation, but Ally came up with a very expensive payoff quote for dealers. So, I had to do lease buyout and sell. And, can’t thank enough to Shift for their smooth and quick process.

Here is my timeline - California 10 day tax exempt For lease buyout - #60 by socalguy

1 Like

Thought I’d share given the current demand for used cars…

I had an immaculate 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring with 21,215 mi (10k/36mo lease). Buyout was $20,436.18 and their offer was $25,200 + $200 if I sold on the spot. Rep arrived via Uber, didn’t make any cosmetic deductions. Whole process took about 1 hour and the funds arrived 3 days later. Crazy simple, would do it again.

For those interested, I was paying $350/mo ($0 down, $0 DAS). The profit from the sale brought down my cost to about $200/mo over the last 3 years.

You can use this link to get a $100 Amazon gift card when you sell your car via Shift

2 Likes

Sharing my experience selling to Shift as it had some unique twists to it.

Sold a 2015 MB C300 4matic, 61k miles. Shift required having the paper title in hand to sell, so had to wait for that. The paper title did show the dealership where the car was purchased as a lienholder, but I had them sign & stamp the title which was sufficient for Shift.

Got the online offer (2-3k higher than everybody else) and scheduled an appointment for the Whittier location. The car was inspected and the final offer given.

I ended up selling the car to their San Francisco location as I drove up to norcal for the weekend. I called customer support to confirm this would be ok and they said yes, however the car would need to be re-inspected. Happened to strike a deal on my replacement 330i lease with a Norcal dealer at the same time.

Car was inspected and the offer was not decreased despite the added mileage. All paperwork was completed there. Requested wire transfer payment to a Bank of America account, which cleared within 4 days of handing the car over to them. They even called me a Lyft to the dealership where I was picking up my new 330i.

Excellent experience, flawless from start to finish.

1 Like

Sold one to shift easy as pie!

I had five different offers and shift was 3k to 4K higher than everybody else.

I heard horror stories where people had their car inspected and then once it got brought back they got ground down on price but I think that has to do with the car.

2019 BMW 530e flawless they inspected , signed papers and 1 week payoff has been completed. 2 days after they said all is good !!

Thank you shift