Sold one to AUTONATION!

Same problem autonation online quote was 56k. Took it to local autonation dealer and they refused to honor. Said best was 52-53k.

Sold one to Autonation. 2020 GMC 1500 leased through GM Financial. Had no problem getting the Autonation quoted amount from the dealer. Left with check in my pocket.

1 Like

Was the autonation a chevy dealer?

Yes is was.

1 Like

Jeez OK, so this is normal. I’m just worried because it will be 30 days in 8 days and the late payment will be reported to the credit agencies…

FWIW, if you make a payment while you’re waiting for your loan to be paid off, the lender will cut you a check for the excess (say you paid $300 while you waited for the payoff…you’d get a check/transfer for the $300). But of course it’s easier to simply not deal with that extra step, but you’ll get your money eventually.

1 Like

Thanks, hadn’t thought about that. Kind of a hassle but probably worth doing just in case.

1 payment that will be refunded eventually probably isn’t worth a ding on your credit report. :joy:

2 Likes

Sold one to Autonation.

4xe. Online quote 53 eventually haggled up to 54.5. As I was signing papers another Autonation dealer called and offered 55k but I’d been there for 3 hrs at this point and the other dealer was 1hr away so didn’t want to do it.

I called ccap, got the dealer services line, then they spent 2 hrs “getting me the check” only to tell me that they couldn’t get a payoff quote email. I called again and stayed by the phone until the email was received then it took ~30 mins for everything to be done and dusted.

TLDR: walked out same day with equity check in hand after a small hiccup.

2 Likes

Where was your Autonation dealer located?

In Doral FL. I also got an offer 1500 above what I sold it for from carvana this morning which is a bummer.

Ah cause my NJ dealer said Autonation is based out of Florida and thus the quotes are skewed towards that market. They wouldn’t honor the autonation price in NJ.

Since Audi financial only lets Audi Dealerships use the payoff you see online, I found a Autonation shop, that bought out my Q7s lease at my payoff. Walked out with check same day.

(Re- 2021 Audi Q7 45 Premium Plus)

Yep - FWIW the non-BMW autonation dealer said they could also buy my BMW, since they have BMW dealer in their network. This is already documented in other threads though.

1 Like

I’m the OP and I sold another one to Autonation!

I had a leased 2019.5 Infiniti QX60 Luxe 2WD with the Essential package with 19500 miles on the odometer. Payoff was about $29.5K. The lease ends in five months and the registration renewal is in two months.

I got quotes from Carvana, Shift, Vroom in the $36.5K range with the highest being Shift at $36.9K. The online offer from Autonation was $33.5K. I emailed them that I would sell it to them if they upped their offer. They told me to come in. It’s about ten minutes from my house.

When I got there, I showed them the other quotes. They mentioned that third parties couldn’t buy leases from Infiniti. I told them I was willing to buy the car myself and sell it. (And I would have understanding the fees and time it takes.) They did an inspection and raised the offer to $35.5K. I accepted and it took a total of four hours to get everything done. About 3 hours was just waiting to get the correct dealer payoff amount since I had MSDs.

I was happy to get a $6K check after everything was done.

1 Like

Sold an '21 X3 phev to AN today.

kbb - $51500 (just the “your car’s value” thing, not the “instant offer” thing)
tesla - $46800 (could have been a trade-in which reduces my 6% sales tax)
vroom - $49502
carvana - $46137
carbuyerUSA - $51500 (initial quote. final quote needed an inspection and possibly lower)
givemethevin - $46000
carmax - (no online quote) / (in-person offer) $46000
autonation - (initial online) $49500 / (in-person first offer) $48600 / (after a quick nego) $50600

As one of the legacy dealers, AN’s process was somewhat sticker than the online counterparts’ (carvana et al). But the staff was professional and pleasant to deal with.

I’m a bit surprised that carmax’s offer was exactly the same as GMTV’s especially both were a bit away from the mean. Probably GMTV uses the same pricing model as carmax’s?

1 Like

Find an Autonation Acura or Honda dealer in your area.

Just finished selling my leased 2019 Accord 2.0T with ~16300 miles to AN. Left with a check for ~$7500. Excellent condition other than needing new tires and some wheel resurfacing due to curb rash.

My options were limited because of the third party buyout limitation. Got quotes from Chicagoland Honda dealerships within ~50 miles, using the KBB instant cash offer. Offers ranged from $28,290 to $29,195 pending inspection. What’s great is that after visiting those dealerships, 4 out of 4 said “yeah no, we don’t honor KBB instant cash offers” :neutral_face: All but one were at $26,500 to $27,800, and the last one gave me the best offer at $28,500 after some back and forth, which wasn’t bad at all.

Rodo can still buy Honda leases, but the overall experience with their used car manager was trash. I’ll post that in the Rodo thread.

AN initially offered $28,000. Took it in for an appraisal and they dropped down to $27,400. I said no thanks and planned to take it to the dealership offering $28,500, but the manager came over and said they’d match the other offer, so I took it. I probably could’ve gotten a little bit more, but I’m more than happy with what I got. Overall took about an hour from arrival to leaving with the check. The car is now on their site for $32,500. The MSRP when I got it was $30,710 :joy:

Edit:

I forgot to mention something that I think might easily slip by a not as informed Joe Consumer. I think that in general, dealership staff are sleazy. I knew the personal payoff and dealer payoff ahead of time, directly from HFS. The HFD site and app both only show personal payoff with sales tax, at least in Illinois.

The AN sales dude brought me a printout showing their offer minus the payoff, only the payoff was the personal with sales tax included. I let it go to see what was going to be on the official docs I had to sign to complete the sale. Yep, personal payoff. I asked the guy to please verify the number because that looks like it has sales tax included, and of course he comes back with the correct dealer amount. They 100% planned on keeping that $1600 difference. I understand maximizing profit, but that’s still a dirt bag move.

1 Like

For those of you that sold your lease to Autonation (mine is a bmw), did they still charge you the disposition fee? They’re adding $350 to the payoff quote I got from bmwfs

This is purchase fee, not disposition.