Sold one to AUTONATION!

Just got done selling a 2021 Q5 to Autonation. Lease through Audi Financial. They had to use their Audi store in Plano, TX to get the buyout; it’s the same buyout I got from a local Audi dealership. Definitely a very quick and easy process.

How much more than your buyout price did they offer? I also have a q5e lease ending next month

Anybody know how it would if selling a Lexus to AN but there is only a local Chevy AN and the closest Lexus AN is 300 mi away? Would I have to take it to the Lexus AN or could the local Chevy AN take the car after I accept the online offer?

I sold my BMW to a Honda Autonation store. Don’t think we even have a BMW one in state. They usually call a central office to process the buyout.

3 Likes

I had a Chevy Autonation give me an offer for my Ford Explorer Sport Trac a few years ago, but then I ended up selling it to an AN CDJR dealer instead.

I just got an offer on my Mazda from the local AN Toyota store. A used car shop is a used car shop. They might keep it, or they might trade it to someone else, or ship it to another AN store or send it to auction…but you don’t need to worry about it. If the local store wants to buy your car and you like the price, then what happens after you hand them the keys ain’t your problem.

Lexus allows 3rd party buyouts so doesn’t matter what dealer you go to.

Just had the Autonation system offer $6K over MMR for an X5. Anybody have recent experience with Autonation dealers honoring the “certified offer” ?

1 Like

It’s up to the dealer to honor it
If they don’t try a different dealer

1 Like

I’ve got an appointment for Monday… fingers crossed.

Fwiw, I sold them a car last year. They did inspect the car super thoroughly but ultimately honored the price without any haggling. That was last year though so maybe different times…

1 Like

If this is the Land Rover store in New Rochelle be warned, I tried selling an older Lexus LX there since the offer was too good to be true. GM said he’d only buy my car if I bought his product and of course reducing my online offer by 30% on the spot.

1 Like

can concur, the Elmsford location is best

1 Like

My appointment is with Elmsford. I’ve also heard they are super thorough with inspection and will play the “not as described” game. I would be OK with a little nickel and diming, but it’s gonna consume my whole day to get back and forth.

Sorry, forgot to answer you. I’ve heard good things about them too. That used to be a Sports Authority, and when they went bankrupt, they gutted it and made a JLR dealership out of it. Come wave hi at me; I’m just down the road. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honored offer without question, took about an hour to do paperwork but inspection was just a quick walk around. Would recommend, as I figure out how to get home.

7 Likes

Sold my Porsche 718 boxtser to BMW of Towson, a Autonation dealer. They honored the online appraisal.

1 Like

Has anyone from MA sold to the NY location? . Have an offer but want to see if it’s a waste of a trip before going down.

I’d say experience is mixed enough to have a backup plan… might be worth lining up other AN options to honor the deal if you make a trip. Plenty of a locations have refused to honor but talking to used car manager to solidify it might give you confidence.

2023 Jeep GC Overland 4xe (4,500 miles) sold to an AN for about $51,500 in Seattle (Drove from Oregon.) Been getting offers on the car the last few months and when February rolled around almost everyones offer dropped $10,000 or more, and AN went up about $1,000 from my last online appraisal so I got in my car and drove 3 hours immediately. Honored the price and was pretty smooth experience.

Nice, which AN dealer was it? Might see how much they offer for my 4xe Rubi