Sold one to AUTONATION!

That’s is basically my experience with them as well. I received a value range online, then a buyer at the location near me sent an actual offer of $52,500. We were going back and forth about potentially getting a bit more, since me car was in nearly spotless condition. I asked him to please confirm with someone in management (above increasing the value) before I make the 2.5 drive over. He finally agrees and comes back with “so sorry, my manager we can’t offer that”. We’re at $46,500. I would’ve been fuming, had I made that trip for that kind of an offer.

I have a service appointment at my local (non-AutoNation) BMW dealer in the morning, so I submitted an inquiry through their web site.

So let’s see how that compares to the AutoNation offer from a dealer ~100 miles away.

Im done with auto nation. I tried selling them 6 cars in the past 18 months and they are always short. Different makes models as well.

Autonation’s buyout number was more than $200 higher than the buyout Chrysler Capital provided me, so I left. Anyone else have the experience with a higher buyout number than what Chrysler Capital provided you?

I recently sold my X6 to them at the Mt. Kisco location. There offer was about $200 lower than the popular names but the process was seamless but I was out in 45mins and they honored there initial online offer.

Autonation is telling me the extra $200 above my Chrysler Capital payoff statement is due to per diem. Doesn’t sound right since my Chrysler Capital payoff statements have had the same amount when I request them in consecutive days, meaning Chrysler Capital did not add per diem to my payoff statements.

Yes same thing happened to me at carmax and it was the same amount. I still sold since they had by far the best offer

Local dealer politely declined to make an offer, as they are only adding AWD vehicles to their inventory (December / Ohio, not sure I can blame them).

At least they didn’t insult me with a ridiculous offer.

(Rhetorical question) Now, do I try to act on the AutoNation offer? I’d obviously call first and feel them out, but I’m not sure I can comfortably squeeze in a 200-mile roundtrip before I leave town again this weekend.

:thinking:

So Autonation and only BMW dealers can buyout BMWFS leases now?

Sold 2021 Chrysler Pacifica to Autonation for $50,050.

Vroom was $51,100 but cancelled on me and dropped latest offer to $43,100.
Rodo $50,000.
Vroom $50,000 but doesn’t buy leases.
Carmax $49,000 and I had to take in for manual appraisal.

1 Like

AutoNation owns multiple BMW dealers.

I don’t know why this wouldn’t also work with other dealership conglomerates that have BMW franchises under their ownership umbrella, but AutoNation is the one that pops up here most often.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! Just reached out to one near me. Let’s see what they say. Hopefully I’m not SOL!

1 Like

Sold my 2020 Bolt last night. They had the highest offer. Transaction was smooth and done in an hour.

what did they offer? was it a lease/purchase? mileage?

AutoNation offered $23K. 4200 miles. LT DCFC and no other options. Purchased it from Trish 01/2020. They already posted it on their site for $26992. It was in a fender bender a couple months ago. Doubt I can do better at this moment considering the accident.

Carvana $14563
Vroom $18663
ALGO $22500
MyCarAuction $21200
Shift $21000

1 Like

Do you have a written offer from the 200 mile away AN dealer?

Yes.

It’s a PDF with a summary of the car details, a disclaimer, and at the bottom there’s a fake check payable to me.

Disclaimer:

We reserve the right to modify or cancel this offer if the condition of the vehicle does not meet the description of the vehicle provided.

Offer void if the vehicle odometer mileage exceeds the described mileage by 500 or more miles.

The AutoNation Certified Offer must be redeemed on or before the expiration date listed on the Certificate but in no event later than 7 days after the certificate was issued.

The vehicle must be delivered with a valid registration and title in your name (all individuals listed on title must be present).

Check amount paid to you will be net of all outstanding liens or payoffs due on the vehicle.

You are responsible for any loan balances in excess of the Appraisal Offer amount.

Vehicle must be delivered to an AutoNation Inc. retail location.

Checks provided by AutoNation for payment for your vehicle will have anti-fraud protection that may delay cashing the check by several business hours.

I would have a detailed phone conversation before driving there as you mentioned. I think it’s worth the risk.

Send some positive energy to the universe that they will honor the quote but also be ready mentally for the drive back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried to follow all your posts, but could have missed some details.

Have you tried contacting other AN dealers that are closer? I believe other AN dealers will be able to see the same offered amount in their system and should (?) offer the same saving you a long drive.

Thank you for the suggestion.

It looks like they matched me to the closest store (for reference, I’m in Columbus). The quote is from AutoNation Ford Amherst.

All four of the pins on the map are Ford dealers, offered for no other reason than a point of general interest.

It looks like I’m not going to be able to squeeze in a trip before I leave town this weekend no matter what they say on the phone, but I may get a fresh quote after I get back to town in January.

Since my car is a RWD BMW, I considered looking for an AutoNation BMW dealer that’s in a market that’s far enough south from me where winters won’t be as much of an issue (I got it in Virginia) and the car will be more marketable.

Unfortunately,